Acd Magazine Question

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 4:19am by bostonterrierlady

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 19

Has anyone received their Feb/March issue yet?

I ordered back in November and still have yet to get one issue yet!

18 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:09am
post #2 of 19

It takes a while before your subscription starts! Hang in there!

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:17am
post #3 of 19

Give them a call. I did receive a email from Craig C. They are behind schedule. Give them a call though.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:02am
post #4 of 19

I did, they said they won't be mailing out the feb/mar issue until MARCH 22! That is just rediculous!

pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:17am
post #5 of 19

It'll be perfect for all those St Patty's day cakes! That's what happened last year to me. I think it may have been my 1st one plus it takes longer to get up north.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:36am
post #6 of 19

My subscription expired and I didn't renew. One thing I noticed is that my issues were frequently WAY late. Like a month. I'd receive the Dec./Jan. issue at the end of January. I don't live anywhere odd, or have other mail delays, so I'm confident it was an problem on their end.

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:44am
post #7 of 19

I did not renew my subscription either. In the age of computers and fast communication it shouldn't take five or six months to get the first issue, and then receive each following issue way late .

I did renew my subscription to Cakes & Sugarcraft. It is a fantastic magazine!

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:46am
post #8 of 19

I see a certain word is blocked here, so I meant the magazine put out by Squires Kitchen in England - Cakes & S u g a r c r a f t

pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 19

I managed to get my hands on a copy of that English magazine Christmas of 07 - what a great magazine.

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:30pm
post #10 of 19

I agree, my inlaws bought me a subscription last Aug for my birthday. I waited the 6-8 weeks, then emailed. After 12 still nothing, so they extended my subscription and I still have not received anything to date!

I did receive a copy from my ICES rep though.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #11 of 19

I still haven't received mine either. My boss got me a 2-year subscription for Christmas and she asks me all the time if it has come in. I knew it took a while to get the magazine, but really this is crazy.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:00am
post #12 of 19

I am in Ontario, Canada, just like a previous poster. I ordered ACD and the other one they print for the first time. I subscribed in November last year, and got my first issue of the other one (sorry, can't remember the name) - I think it was for Jan/Feb??? Still no ACD mag yet, but sounds like it will be late!

cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:50pm
post #13 of 19

I subscribed to ACD and Mailbox News in September. Never got my first issue of ACD till December, and still have not received an issue of Mailbox News. I contacted them several times and they just keep telling me that it takes a few months.
I actually kinda forgot about it. I think I am going to give them another call.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:10pm
post #14 of 19

They have *always* had problems w/UNtimely distribution of the Magazine icon_sad.gif

For anyone interested in OLD issues of Cake & S ugar Craft magazine pm me.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:23pm
post #15 of 19

Yeah, untimely delivery, uninspiring articles and photos. I don't think it's worth the money. I will not be renewing my subscription. I'd rather buy English mags, even if they cost more.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:33pm
post #16 of 19

Thanks for the heads up. My DH got me the last issue as I had a cake in it. He wanted to know if I wanted a subscription for MDay. Guess not.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #17 of 19

I went to that site for the magazine from the UK. Their international subscription rate seemed a bit high for a year's subscription (which I think it said was 4 issues). However, if it's worth it...

I can't get these "individually" as I live nowhere near a shop that sells them. Is a four-issue subscription worth the money? I'd be interested if it were.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Yeah, untimely delivery, uninspiring articles and photos. I don't think it's worth the money. I will not be renewing my subscription. I'd rather buy English mags, even if they cost more.

Wow, I have a cake shoot in this next issue coming up. Glad to know that it will be received well. For anyone who does not know ACD is a very small operation. Like count on one hands small. They distribute through another company in Wisconsin. The Editor is a good friend of mine and works very hard to bring some decorators to light. They do take a few months to start but are very much worth it. MBN is in transition as well.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:19am
post #19 of 19

I have all the issues of ACD ever published. I like the older ones better. More buttercream. I wish it was a monthly mag. I have collected Mailbox News clear back to the 50's. I only am a few issues short of all that were ever published. It was once a monthly mag. The founder of the mag. has died. I too wish it were a monthly mag. I enjoy getting both of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%