High Ratio Shortening

Decorating By Sweet-Kakes Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm by foxymomma521

Sweet-Kakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 5

One more question-I live in the West Houston area (Katy), and I am wondering if anyone knows of any stores in this area carry the high ratio shortening. Does anyone ever find it in a grocery store? I have looked at my local Kroger, HEB, Randalls, and Walmart. No luck. Do you have to get it from a cake supply? I sure wish a grocery store would have it. Thanks again for any info!!

4 replies
Bethkay Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 5

In my area you can buy 3-lb. tubs of high-ratio shortening in the cake decorating stores. If you don't have one near you, you can order it online in the 3-lb. tubs or in 50-lb. blocks. I haven't seen it in any size in between those two weights.

I see that you are in a warm part of the country, which probably will limit what times of year you can have the product shipped.

Sweet-Kakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the link! I was hoping to find it locally, so as to avoid shipping charges. I have a feeling it is not going to be easy to find around my area.

foxymomma521 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

Google "bakery supply" in your area. When I was making cakes I was able to buy mine in 50 lb tubs for $50 at a local bakery supply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%