Omg...i Am In Heaven!!

Decorating By sunkiss456 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 4:03pm by tx_cupcake

sunkiss456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunkiss456 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:08pm
post #1 of 19

I just went and bought the KitchenAid stand mixer and I am LOVING it! I have been in the stone age using a hand mixer lol People are starting to love my cakes and I am making more now that I am getting better thanks to all you lovely people here on CC so I needed to upgrade lol. I just had to share my excitement hehe

18 replies
cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:58am
post #2 of 19

I know how you feel. My SIL bought me a new KS for Christmas. It was so unexpected, too, considering the cost. I love it!! icon_smile.gif
I probably wouldnt have been able to buy my own for months, since I'm just in the start up stages of my home biz and so many other things to purchase first.
I am forever grateful for her giving me one!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:02am
post #3 of 19

Woo-Hoo! What did you name it?

My 4 qt cream one is Bessie and my new 5qt artisan is Ol' Blue.
I love them equally but I tend to favor Bessie a bit. We have a longer history together.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:04am
post #4 of 19

They are amazing...I guess I'm spoiled cause I don't know how I'd live without one!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 19

My 6 qt is named "the Queen Mother", the 4 qt that I sent to a CC'er in Japan was named "Princess Di"

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:11am
post #6 of 19

Yeah I'm still in the stone age icon_cry.gif

But I might get one sometime next month....INCOME TAX!!! icon_lol.gif

BTW....Congratulations!!!! party.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 19

you sent your old mixer to someone... i could never... i got my artisan (pinky) for my wedding... my good friend Jo and his wife got it for US---

my dads old 6 qt pro one, that i steal... i call her snowball ( i got it for him like 6 years ago...)... and i love them both, but pinky will e with me forever, even if she dies, she can become a really cool statue...

i could never live with out them both, and i could never crank out the cakes i do with out both of them but especially pinky

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #8 of 19

Yeah, another CC'er on here was asking about tips on how to make smooth BC w/o a stand mixer and she was kind of tight on cash because she has a baby coming. I never thought I part with it, but truth be told, I wasn't using it as much as I used to because I had the 6qt. So I packed it up and shipped it off to her. She got it a little bit after Christmas. I should ask her what she named it. LOL!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #9 of 19

I just bought the 5 qt. model a month or so ago, and I couldn´t be happier! I went to CostCo one day and saw it sitting there. I was overcome by the thought that it had been put there just so I could buy it -- you know, like a semí-religious experience icon_surprised.gif . Fortunately, I still had some of my Christmas bonus left over, so I brought the little sweetheart home with me. No looking back!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:26am
post #10 of 19

I love my Pro 600 KA! I got it for christmas! I haven't named it... It's name will come to me one day when (s)he saves the day!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:41am
post #11 of 19

Ooohhh I never thought about naming my KA.... I'm with you mommy_of_3_DDs I think it will name itself soon enough icon_smile.gif

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:42am
post #12 of 19

I have had my KA for just over two years and I am in love with it! I can not imagine trying to make anything without it! I have tried recipes I would have never done before I had it. I LOVE MY KA!

By the way its Fire Engine Red and it is AWESOME!!!!!

dragonmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonmommy Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:56am
post #13 of 19

I finally ordered a kitchenaid from QVC yesterday. Can't wait for it to get here.

sunkiss456 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:12am
post #14 of 19

haha I haven't thought about naming mine yet but I guess I should! Oh man aren't income taxes the greatest? I couldn't wait for that to come in so I could get a KA. If I hadn't got one soon I may have pulled a few muscles trying to make bc lmao. I just got a white one but oh man do I feel like a queen now hehe.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:20pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Quote:

oh man do I feel like a queen now hehe.

lol....they dont call us kitchen queens for nothin and there ain't a better product than a KA to make u feel like one!!! Congratulations...welcome to the KA world.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #16 of 19

I have 3 6-quart KAs, one 5 quart, and the baby one, too. I recently bought the Cuisinart 7 qt, and I haven't even had a chance to open it yet! icon_sad.gif Isn't it sad that mixers get us so excited? That's what my life has come to...

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:55pm
post #17 of 19

costumeczar, let us know what you think when you use the cuisinart! I'm curious about the cusinart and the JCP Cooks mixers. I have a KA Artisan, Ultra Power, and a Viking 5Qt...and I'm still on the lookout for a great deal, lol. I know what you mean - I get so excited about mixers!!

sunkiss456 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:10am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Quote:

Isn't it sad that mixers get us so excited? That's what my life has come to...

I know right? I just gazed at my KA while it mixed like I was a kid in a candy store. I had the grin that goes from ear to ear. It's so sad lmao

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:03pm
post #19 of 19

Ooooh costumeczar, you lucky girl! The Cuisinart is the Holy Grail of mixers for me! I want one soooo badly! can't wait to hear what you think of it!

All I have is a 5qt Artisan, but it has issues. icon_sad.gif I've heard that all KAs, because of their plastic gears, run out of gas after a few years.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%