Compressor For Aztek Airbrush

Decorating By Nickilyn Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 5:29pm by tiggy2

Nickilyn Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 6

I bought the Aztek A470 Airbrush Set A4709 a long time ago from HobbyLobby (had a 40% off coupon)...anyway I have never used it or any other type of airbrush in my life.

So my question is...

Can I buy any type of air compressor--is there a difference in the ones adverstised on cake decorating supplies sites and the one I can buy at say Hobby Hobby, Michaels, etc?

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 6

Any compressor will do as long as you can adjust the PSI and it has a moisture filter. I think the recommend PSI is between 12 & 18 but don't quote me on that. You're gonna love your aztek airbrush!

Nickilyn Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for replying Tiggy 2, I appreciate the information. icon_smile.gif

So, you have an Aztek? In your opinion, what should I start off with...compressor, colors, and any tutorials books or dvds that are good for a beginner.

tiggy2 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 6

www.tcpglobal.com has a good DVD It is Cake Decorating with the air brush Start to finish. I thin it's good for the beginner. Be sure to get air brush colors and don't try to use watered down gel colors. Get some cheap cokloring books to practice on and have fun.

2txmedics Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 6

Ok, I think I asked and did post this question,,,but I havent heard a reply. I got my airbrush kit/compressor for my bday almost a yr. in July...am scared to death to try it...lol

But Im gonna get ready this coming week too...question, when using alot of different colors? do You need extra jars for each color? or pens??? Im so lost here. I cant even remember what mine looks like!!! I need to pull it out. Thanks

tiggy2 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

You need to clean out the jar (cap) and the pen each time you change colors. The Azrek has little cups with lids so I bought extra cups to keep from wasting color and cleaning the cup each time I change colors. I do however have to clean the brush itself in between each color. I simply attach a jar of water and run it through till it comes our clean.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%