Need Idea

Decorating By rengirl1978 Updated 18 Aug 2005 , 6:58pm by Niki027

rengirl1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rengirl1978 Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 7

for a "happy" cake. I have a friend that is down in the dumps right now. She is 9 months pregnant and just ready to have the baby. So another friend and I are going to make her a cake, and we need some "happy" ideas. Thanks!

6 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 7

I think a happy face cake would be really cute or a small round cake with a happy face on it. I think Wilton even makes a happy face candy mold. You could use some other bright colors and maybe write a cute message. I am sure your friend will love whatever you end up doing! icon_smile.gif
traci

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 7

What can be happier than a birth? Make a round cake and roll some twinkies in MMF 'blankets' and draw some BC faces on the twinkies as well as some cute little hair do's. Easy peasy!

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 7

How about just making a "basket" full of flowers...use the basket weave on the sides, put in a "handle" made of fondant or something, and fill with brightly covered flowers? Maybe even get one of those cards (like a cheer up or we're here for you type) from the florist and put it on a pick and stick into the basket just like if she received a real basket of flowers?

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 7

My idea of a "happy cake" at 9 mos. pregnant was anything rich, decadent, sweet & CHOCOLATE!!!! lol Maybe just a knock your socks of chocolate everything of a cake with some happy face chocoate candies and "hang in there" written on the top??!! And maybe make it not-so-big so it can be just for her & no one else? Just an idea....

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:01am
post #6 of 7

I like the chocolate idea too!!
I don't what kind of talents you have but what about like a "spa" theme something about taking care of herself. I have this picture of a pregnant woman with rollers in her hair, cucumbers on her eyes, fuzzy slippers on. I couldn't make anything like that but it sure sounds cute!
Something all about her b/c when you're that pregnant you actually do what to focus on yourself for once!
Good luck and I can't wait to see the pics!

Niki027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki027 Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 7

I like the flower idea. Flowers will cheer up anyone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%