Is Anyone Else Having A Problem With The Search Engine?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 7

It's been a few days now but no information from the forums show up when I search for a topic (although I still get pictures and articles showing up). I'm just wondering if anyone else is having a problem or did I inadvertantly turn off something on my browser? Thanks!

6 replies
brincess_b Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 7

its not just you! sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. of course, it works when i type in one phrase, but the phrase i really need doesnt work! (that phrase being 'car' lol). fingers crossed it works for us soon!
xx

Kristen6992 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 7

I have always had a problem with my searches. I usually get a lot of results but none of them actually match up with what I am looking for and I can't get to the next page (or anyother pages for that matter). If I click on a page number or click next I just get an error type message that there are no results.

ziggytarheel Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen6992

I have always had a problem with my searches. I usually get a lot of results but none of them actually match up with what I am looking for and I can't get to the next page (or anyother pages for that matter). If I click on a page number or click next I just get an error type message that there are no results.

The forums crashed around this time last year and all posts from sometime in October 2007 to that time were lost and unrecoverable. If you do a search and it says no posts exist, most likely there ARE posts, but you cannot get into the topic through the last page of the topic.

cherrycakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your replies but nothing shows up under the forums heading after doing a search. Is this not happening to anyone else?

ziggytarheel Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 7

Hmm. I just tested it.

Instead of using the big search box on the right, I used the specific search function under the forums.

Lots of results that way!

cherrycakes Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytarheel

Hmm. I just tested it.

Instead of using the big search box on the right, I used the specific search function under the forums.

Lots of results that way!

I tried this and it works so thanks very much for the help! I'm still curious about why the main search area doesn't work for me - it's what I've always used...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%