Bake Sale Best Sellers

Decorating By ShayShay Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm by ShayShay

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 16

In your experience, what are some bake sale best sellers? We are having a bake sale at church and I would really like to make a few things that are sure sellers. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

15 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 16

When I do cake sales, my carrot, chocolate and coffee cakes are the best sellers. And also the cupcakes sells fast too! icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 16

lemon pound cake
chocolate pound cake

both with buttercream icing.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 16

Brownies, big time. At every bake sale we have for work or church the brownies are first to go, followed by the rice krispy treats. Cupcakes are the third most popular. We usually do one set of white or yellow and a set of chocolate. Of course you can never go wrong with cookies.

One thing that was real popular at a recent bake sale was cinnamon quick bread. We sold it by the slice and it was gone real fast.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 16

People are more likely to buy a $3 slice of cake than they are to buy a $36 cake that serves 12. Sell cake by the slice (and put a plastic fork on the plate, under the saran wrap!).

Items that are easy to eat on the go, eat in the car, easy to snack on (cookies, brownies, etc).

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 16

Brownies, cookies, rice krispie treats...anything that's easy to eat on the go.

Rainbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 16

cake balls,chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick, chocolate covered pretzels,cupcakes...

Sue

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 16

Whoopie pies and lemon bars sell well, when they are individ. wrapped. If its a morning bake sale I have also sold really big cinnamon rolls wrapped on a plate with a fork. People pay attention to packaging as well, if it looks pretty or is presented in a nice basket it sells quicker in my experience.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 16

Mini loaf quick breads! Have a theme for your bake sale, that helps for a selling point! Also if you have a reason behind your bake sale make sure you mention it. Two years ago my ambulance squad was in need of jackets and that was the reason for the bake sale. Inform the people what they are supporting and the cause behind it! Good Luck.

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 16

Chocolate Scotchies.......yuuuummmmy!!!!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 16

banana bread, zuc. bread, chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, and brownies. Good Luck

2sweetcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sweetcookies Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #12 of 16

I was also wondering the smae thing. I am doing my first "Boutique/fashion show they are having hanmade crafters and asked me to setup. I am trying to come up with inexpensive easy to make/make ahead sweets.
So far I plan on whoopie pies some with peanutbutter or peppermint filling, marshmallows, cookies for the theme, dress/purse and shoes.
What about some kind of chocolate bark or butter mints?

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #13 of 16

Not sure about the butter mints, but chocolate bark probably isn't a good idea. In my experiences candies (bark, fudge, cake balls, dipped fruit/pretzels/marshmallows) never sell as well as the baked goods, if at all. However, that could also be because of the part of the country I'm in. Even in the wintertime anything made only out of chocolate or chocolate dipped gets too messy too fast so no one wants to buy it.

Another thing that sells good at bake sales is bottled water! People often want something to counter balance the sugary treats, and cases are cheap to buy.

Savory items also sell well. Some people aren't big fans of sweet, so garlic cheese bread, zucchini bread, tamales, and roasted peppers have been big sellers for us in the past.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:10pm
post #14 of 16

People at our school & church seem to LOVE those no-bake oatmeal, chocolate and peanut butter cookies. I think the idea of something savory is a great idea, and also IndyDebi's tip of the slice of cake w/a fork. Genius!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:08am
post #15 of 16

oh I love me some tamales

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:53pm
post #16 of 16

great ideas everyone ! thanks so much for sharing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%