Rolled Buttercream

Decorating By too_nice_to_slice Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 8:44pm by too_nice_to_slice

too_nice_to_slice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
too_nice_to_slice Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:56am
post #1 of 5

Does it dry?? And if so, how hard? Like could I make a bow of say, a half RBC half fondant mix? What about flat accents? I have a batch of RBC and some Wilton fondant. We all know how Wilton tastes, so I'm just curious if this will work...

4 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 5

Rlled Bc...does not dry like fondant...it stays kind of soft and has a shinny outside...due to the grease...but tastes yummy...It may work with 50% rolled BC and 50% gum paste...

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 5

How do you make rolled buttercream and how do you use it? icon_redface.gif

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5
too_nice_to_slice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
too_nice_to_slice Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 5

hmm... I knew it stayed shiny, but I can dust it with extra PS, so that's not a huge deal. I originally made a batch to cover a cake with, but I had a hard time with tearing/stretching, etc, so I used traditional BC instead, so now I have a big batch of it that I hoped I could still put to use. I'm doing a sheet cake with a onesie/rattle and a bow on it. I was thinking about using it for the onesie, especially since it's white and I'm out of white Satin ice and hate making MMF (not to mention it always comes out lumpy)...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%