Icing Bag 'cartridges'

Decorating By klat7292 Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 8:43pm by tiggy2

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 4

Just wanted to share a little trick that I think is FABULOUS! I get emails from another cake website and this trick is well worth the try...

Take a piece of saran wrap and put some icing in it and roll it up. Make sure that you leave enough room on the ends to twist. Cut one end of the cartridge that you will insert into your icing bag prepared with your tip on the end...and when you are finished with that 'cartridge', then all you have to do is pull out the saran wrap and you can just insert another one!! It's a lot neater than trying to fill up the bag with icing and you can also prepare icing cartridges for future use. The ONLY downside to this method is that I've noticed that after a few days, the cartridges become "oily" due to the shortening in the buttercream. But usually it's not that bad and I just wipe them off before using them. Once you have prepared them, just store them in a sealed container until you're ready to use them! I love this method-it saves time and bags! I hope that you all find it as useful as I have!

Happy Icing!!

thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:04am
post #2 of 4

neat tri icon_biggrin.gif ck, thanks

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 4

Sounds like.... Sticky: Newlywedws "frosting Plug/Plastic Wrap" Method in the How Do I? section... icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson6ofus

Sounds like.... Sticky: Newlywedws "frosting Plug/Plastic Wrap" Method in the How Do I? section... icon_biggrin.gif

Exactly the same thing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%