White Cake With Sour Cream And Pudding???

Decorating By crispyscupcake Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 4:32am by pastrychef22

crispyscupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crispyscupcake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a cake recipe that I found on here about 2 years ago. It was a white cake made with sour cream, a box of vanilla pudding among other regular recipe ingredients. It was the lightest, fluffiest, and yummiest cake I had ever made or eaten. Please help me find the recipe, I can't see m to find it.

7 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 8

Are you talking about a WASC (White Almond Sour Cream) cake?

If so, there are many listed under recipes. I know the one by txkat is quiet good.

HTH icon_smile.gif

pastrychef22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef22 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:49am
post #3 of 8

I think you are looking for the WASC (White Almond Sour cream cake) This is the best cake ever I use it for all of my cakes now!!!

dcabrera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcabrera Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrychef22

I think you are looking for the WASC (White Almond Sour cream cake) This is the best cake ever I use it for all of my cakes now!!!

Is this cake durable?

kellertur Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:01am
post #5 of 8

Personally, I wouldn't carve it but I'm sure there are people who would disagree. I find white cakes (in general) less stable than chocolate.

pastrychef22 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 8

Personally I think that it hols up much better than a scratch cake. The cake can be made into any flavor that you want it does not have to be white just change the recipe a little to fit the cake. You can make it with choc., yellow, and the other day i made it into a gramcracker cake. It is very versitile.

kellertur Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:19am
post #7 of 8

See, mine is a scratch cake. Maybe that's why mine is lighter and fluffier, and less weight stable. I never use mixes so I didn't even consider that. Thanks for explaining. icon_smile.gif

pastrychef22 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:32am
post #8 of 8

That is why I started going with the WASC for all my cakes because it just held up better when I have to do carving and start adding several layers of filling. Plus I think it taste really good to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%