Why Does This Happen To Me?

Decorating By dcabrera Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm by paddlegirl14

dcabrera Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:32am
post #1 of 8

Every time I make a WHITE durable cake recipe it comes out tasting raw. Everyone else thinks they taste ok, but I feel they've taste kind of chewy. I have baked them at 325 and 350 for a good amount of time. Anyone else?

7 replies
Deb_ Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:57am
post #2 of 8

What recipe are you using?

dcabrera Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:06am
post #3 of 8

Durable cake for 3D and wedding (from CC) and basic sour cream white cake from the cake mix doctor. Is durable cake supposed to taste rich, and I'm mistaking it for rawness?

Deb_ Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #4 of 8

Sorry I haven't tried that particular recipe but I have tried the WASC recipe found here and personally didn't like it. I guess I would describe that as tasting "chewy and undercooked" like you said. I like moist and dense but not wet and chewy.

Hopefully someone with some experience with that durable recipe will be able to help you.

dcabrera Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:45am
post #5 of 8

Did you do the wasc from scratch? or was it a a doctored mix?

paddlegirl14 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:01am
post #6 of 8

Too much egg (or oil, but egg more likely) will make them chewy-gooey. I did hat once, years ago. Other than that, I don't know. Might check your eggs expiration date. Eggs can be good longer than the date if stored properly, taking into consideration how the grocer stored them. I say try a different recipe, then compre ingredient lists.

dcabrera Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlegirl14

Too much egg (or oil, but egg more likely) will make them chewy-gooey. I did hat once, years ago. Other than that, I don't know. Might check your eggs expiration date. Eggs can be good longer than the date if stored properly, taking into consideration how the grocer stored them. I say try a different recipe, then compre ingredient lists.

AH HA! I did use very large eggs. The recipe called for 4 egg whites, 4-6 egg whites equal 4oz. I used 3 egg whites and it gave me 5 oz. Ok, I will try again. I also would like to try the was recipe on here by Denise2434. Thanks sooo much. icon_biggrin.gif I'm excited now.

paddlegirl14 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 8

Let me know how it works

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%