How Would U Do This???

Decorating By jessielou Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm by all4cake

jessielou Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 4

i am making my brothers groom cake. its going to be a 3d burning building with a fireman standing holding a hose. i want it to look like there is water spraying out of the hose but dont really know how do to that...blown/pulled sugar?? help please!!

3 replies
kandu001 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 4

I would definitely say that you would need to use blown/pulled sugar, because it would look more realistic. Unfortunately, I can't give advice for how to do that since I've never used it! Good luck!

wheelerll Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 4

I've done water in the past by making a basic lollipop syrup. tint then spoon/pour/drizzle into water stream shapes, let dry then attach to hose using royal icing. Also works a bit better if you drip onto floral wire for a little extra support. Wish posting allowed for sketchesicon_sad.gif Good luck!

all4cake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 4

or you could make a gelatin 'spray'. Sprinkle 1 packet unflavored gelatin over 3 tablespoons water and allow to swell. Heat in the top of a double boiler or use a microwave safe bowl and heat that way...just until it is melted and liquifies. Add color (just a bit) and stir gently to prevent bubbles or not, if you want bubbles (might be cool in the 'water'. smear onto acetate (if you make several small 'swoosh' type smears they can be attached to the end of the hose) or using a small round tip 2 or smaller you can pipe onto the acetate (be sure to allow gelatin to cool a bit before doing this...otherwise it may dribble out the tip).

It will be thick after it cools a bit.

It shouldn't take more than 2 days to dry. Then attach either with gum glue, royal, or a slight dabbing of water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%