How Do U Do An Edible Cookie Image?

Baking By Cynthia_Razo Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 1:28pm by linedancer

Cynthia_Razo Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, well I recently got an edible printer with the sheets and my question is how do u add an image to a cookie? I was asked to make some round cookies with an image, i know how to get the image but do u ice the cookies with royal icing and wait for it to dry then add the image? And what if i want to use mmf, how do u get the mmf to stick to the cookie? Do u add a little bit of royal icing then add the mmf on top or what? Can anyone please help?

3 replies
luv2bake6 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 4

I just put some RI on the cookie and then put the image on top.

fiddlesticks Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 4

Ok If you add mmf to the cookies when its still slightly warm it will stick. Or you can add a few dots of corn syrup to make it stick. Or most times it will even just stick to the cold cookies to!
You can also add the Edible Image to a cookie iced with a little RI or a little glaze on it. Its real simple to do ,go ahead and try a few. you will see theres nothing to it !

linedancer Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 4

I do edible images all the time with MMF. I prefer to adhere the MMF to the cookie with thinned corn syrup after the cookie is cooled. I then make a circle with thinned corn syrup on the MMF, just about the size of the edible image. I am careful to use just a small brush and small amount of syrup, so that it does not get beyond the edges of the image. Place the image onto the cookie and press down on it a little to seal the edges. I usually emboss the edges around the cookie. Here are some I did for Christmas. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%