Peanut Butter Cake Recipe, Please?

Baking By kellertur Updated 20 Nov 2013 , 9:32am by Swmillbrook

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have a REALLY good (scratch) peanut butter cake recipe that they'd be willing to share? I've found a few online, but lately I've come across a few "jokesters" who post cake recipes that are clearly not real recipes, and it's a waste of both time and ingredients.

My thought~ ask the pros on CC. I trust the recipes on here, and I would love to read your recommendations.

Thanks so much~ icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Melissa0567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa0567 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 11

Check out the Peanut Butter Silk Cake and the Peanut Butter Frosting recipe here on cc. I've used both and they are delic. I did not use the filling recipe from the silk cake I used the peanut butter frosting as filling also. I got rave reviews from everyone.\\
Good Luck.
Melissa

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 11

I have a great recipe for Peanut Butter Pound Cake that I'd be glad to share, but I think you're probably looking for a regular cake, not pound. Let me know.

Melissa0567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa0567 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 11

Oh, btw I had to add a little more cream to the frosting to get it spreadable. It makes enough frosting to fill and frost a 9" cake.

kellertur Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 11

I'd be grateful for any recipe you are willing to share. icon_smile.gif
I can adjust the recipe if needed, I just need good "push" on this one. (vegan...have to adjust everything anyway. )

Thank you both for your help. icon_smile.gif

(I'll also check out that PB silk cake...sounds very good.)

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 11

Here is the recipe I use- my mom used to make it for us when we were little! (and I still love it as a special treat now and then!)

PB Cake

2 Cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup PB
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
3 cups AP flour
2 tsp. baking soda

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients together and add alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Bake at 325

PB Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup pb
6 tbsp. milk
5 cups 10x

kellertur Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:22am
post #7 of 11

Hello and thank you very much! I'm going to try this one tonight, but make them as cupcakes.

(I am probably the only one on Planet Earth that hates the "fluffiness" of cupcakes, so I use cake batter.) icon_rolleyes.gif

Bijoudelanuit Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:34am
post #8 of 11

I hope they came out well for you icon_smile.gif

kellertur Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #9 of 11

Bijoudelanuit~ I made that PB cake yesterday as a dessert cake and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I made a few minor adjustment, also wasn't sure how long to bake it, or what pan to use, so I guessed ~ BUT it was moist, fluffy and peanut-buttery. I made a whipped choc buttercream and placed homemade vegan peanut butter cups on top of the cake and it was a HUGE hit. (my version of a Reeses cake).

Thank you so very much! icon_smile.gificon_cool.gifthumbs_up.gifhat1.gifbirthday.gif

Bijoudelanuit Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 11

K2cakes- that sounds fabulous! I like to use that recipe along with a chocolate cake recipe in a checkerboard cake pan set and it's always divine! Would you be willing to share your vegan pb cup recipe? ( or point me in the direction of a good source of vegan recipes?) I'm so glad you enjoyed it icon_smile.gif

Swmillbrook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swmillbrook Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 9:32am
post #11 of 11

CAN I GET THAT PEANUT BUTTER POUND CAKE RECIPE?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%