Help Fellow Canadians - Where To Buy Supplies??

Business By lostincake Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 2:05am by lostincake

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 8

I like to see what I'm buying when I buy it for the most part. I like being able to browse and shop for what I think I might need and gauge the sizes of stuff.

I need to get new cake decorating supplies but so far have only found limited stores carry anything worthwhile (Michael's, Bulk Barn & HomeSense).

There isn't much to choose from in any of the stores mentioned above. I am not a business (yet) so can't go to wholesale places and would really rather not order on-line if I can help it.

Does anyone know of another place to get cake decorating supplies particularly cutters and impression tools?

7 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 8

Michaels in Ontario are pretty well stocked. Mccauls have a retail outlet on Bloor West....you can call their store to get directions, and they have everything! Welcome to cc!

lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Monkess...I'll have to try them...I've seen people mention them before but didn't know they had one in Toronto! Maybe I need to get out more LOL.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 8

Golda's Kitchen in Mississauga carries pretty much everything, and what they don't carry they will order for you. It's open to the public, you can visit the store in person or order online.

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:58pm
post #5 of 8

www.caketop.ca
www.creativecutters.ca
www.goldaskitchen.com
www.mccalls-cakes.com

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 8

McCalls Warehouse - Fewester Dr.? Mississauga $25 per year to join www.mccalls.ca

L and M Bakery Supply - Near York University Finch St.?

Creative Cutters - Edward St. Richmond Hill www.creativecutters.ca

Golda's Kitchen - 2885 Argentia Rd Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario www.goldaskitchen.ca

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 8

I absolutely love Golda's!! They are super to work with, and shipping prices are very reasonable. Their store brand fondant is awesome, and 1/2 the price of what i pay for wilton stuff, including shipping! They have great chocolate fondant too!!

Hope that helps!

icon_biggrin.gif

lostincake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:05am
post #8 of 8

Oh wow...thanks so much everyone!! That gives me many, many more options!! Hope hubby doesn't blow his top now that I have OPTIONS, I'll be spending more LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%