Gumpaste Flowers Dvd

Decorating By cashley Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 8:08pm by Sugarflowers

cashley Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I want to buy a DVD on making gumpaste flowers. I have tried the books but need the visual to see someone do it. Does anyone know of a great DVD that won't break the bank. I am looking at Scott Wolley which is $99 right now but would love to know if anyone has this and thinks it is good. Thanks

7 replies
tootie0809 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 8

I have 2 of Scott Clark Woolley's DVDs. While on the spendy side, I think it is worth it. He gives amazing instruction.

nannie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 8

http://www.lickthespoonproductions.com/

here's the linke to michelle foster. i think it's about $20

haven't seen it but it looks great

BTW there are a lot of you tube videos on gumpaste flowers if you want to start there......... free icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 8

I have some simple tutorials in Youtube..Maybe is a start..and they are free..

This is my homepage..

Just check the videos see if you find anything you want.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

JaimeAnn Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 8

Please, Before spending a lot on videos. Watch the videos Edna has on Youtube. She is AMAZING! Very Detailed, she walks you through it step by step at a nice pace. I made the CallaLillys from her video for a friends wedding and people kept asking if they were real.

While I am on the subject, Thank You Edna I have learned A TON "pun intended" from your videos, You are a very generous person to provide those for free!

tonedna Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:17am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Please, Before spending a lot on videos. Watch the videos Edna has on Youtube. She is AMAZING! Very Detailed, she walks you through it step by step at a nice pace. I made the CallaLillys from her video for a friends wedding and people kept asking if they were real.

While I am on the subject, Thank You Edna I have learned A TON "pun intended" from your videos, You are a very generous person to provide those for free!

lol..I was thinking...God ... I hate my screen name..but now that made it sound funny!..Glad it helped!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #7 of 8

I was there for the filming of Michele Foster's video, and it's good! She teaches a lot of flowers plus ribbons and bows.

Deanna

Sugarflowers Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:08pm
post #8 of 8

The DVD shows how to make roses, carnations, pulled or finger flowers, baby's breath, leaves, a striped bow, and a ruffle. There is a tool that I use for the veining of the flowers, the ruffling for the carnations and ruffle that is also available on the site: www.lickthespoonproductions.com. The DVD is $20, the tool is $5 and I usually do 2-3 day shipping. You can also find a wonderful DVD for making sculpted animals by Deanna on the site. She does a great job of showing how to make those adorable critter cakes! Her DVD is $20 also.

When you get some flowers made, be sure to post them!

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%