Knead Fondant With Hands Or Mixer Attachment?

Decorating By cserwa Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm by staceyboots

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

When it says to knead fondant, or when is specifically says to knead it by hand, do you actually use your hands, or do you trust the hook attachment on your mixer? Thanks!

5 replies
calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 6

When I made mmf i do use the hook attatchment, but still knead it by hand when it comes out. I belive the hook just cuts some of your manual kneading time.

I love my KA, but sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty to get the best result. icon_smile.gif

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 6

Hands! thumbs_up.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 6

I always knead with my hand but one time at my part time job the girls I work with wanted me to try kneading the color into the fondant using the mixer but it didn't work well. The fondant was so stiff that it was yanking the bowl right out of the lock position (it was a 30 quart).

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for replying everyone. I'll stick with hands when I attempt this for the (nervous breakdown) first time!

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 6

i typically add about 3/4 of the sugar requirements to the bowl and knead in the KA....then pour the remaining sugar onto a flat surface and finish kneading the fondant by hand.

be sure to add your colour to the wet ingredients for good results

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%