Dora Cake

Decorating By moti Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm by CakeMommy3

moti Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 4

I am thinking of making a Dora cake for my 2 yr old niece. Can any one help me with the Dora transfer or any ideas to decorating. I am going to make a round cake.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 4

I just print a image from the computer and then I use my projecter but many use the pin prick method where they lay out the image on top of iced crusted Buttercream and then poke holes all around the image and then outline it with icing after.Very effective I hear!!

jovolavka Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 4

When doing image transfers, I like to use the Frozen Buttercream technique. I actually got the 'how-to' on this site! It's great!

CakeMommy3 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 4

I made a Dora cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday. She picked her favorite picture out of her coloring book, and I traced it onto rice paper with a food writer pen. Then I put the paper on the cake (I rubbed some water on the back so it would stick) and used buttercream to outline it in black and fill it in with a star tip. It looked totally awesome and the rice paper dissolves under the icing so you would never even know it had been there. Super easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%