Tootsie Roll Roses?

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 4:26pm by ddaigle

chilz822 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:43am
post #1 of 7

I thought I saw a thread once about making Tootise Roll roses but can't seem to find it.

Can anyone direct me to a 'how to'?

6 replies
bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:04am
post #2 of 7

My search on CC doesn't work for some reason, but I found instructions on e-help. Some of their stuff is questionable, but this looks pretty good.

Hope this helps!

chilz822 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:55am
post #3 of 7

I found the same one after I already posted, thank you for your help! It really looks basically like the same construction as a tonedna gumpaste rose (minus the ruffled edges).

bizatchgirl Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:08am
post #4 of 7

It really is the same basic process as the 5 petal rose. I was going to say that before I found the tutorial but I wasn't sure if you knew how to do a 5 petal rose. I figured it wouldn't help you much if I just said oh, do it like this, and you had no idea icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Plus I had no idea if there was a trick to softening the tootsie roll icon_confused.gif

indydebi Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 7

Last month, during one of my fraternity caterings, we had some downtime between lunch and dinner. There were tootsie rolls on hand, so I started just playing with them and making roses. Taught 2 of my staff how to make them just while we were sitting there killing time. (They did really well!!) They're pretty easy! thumbs_up.gif

saramachen Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

Check out this thread about caramel roses...

They look awesome! I bought some caramels but haven't gotten around to trying them.

ddaigle Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 7

Chilz....I have never made gumpaste roses, but made tootsie roll, starburst and fruit roll up roses in a snap! I have some on my chocolate cake with almonds in my gallery. They are a cinch. Have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%