Can Anyone Tell Me

Decorating By amberlee416 Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm by amberlee416

amberlee416 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlee416 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:01am
post #1 of 8

how do i make a flag to drape on a cake? i want to make a cake something like janet browns cakes with the american flag draped on it. I figure its probably fondant, but do i paint everything on it? or make the different colors of fondant and patce together or what? TIA

7 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:58am
post #2 of 8

Here's a link for a video (it's a series of videos but I've only added the one of the links, you will see the rest when you click the link)

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/135495_fourth-july-cake-flag-fondant.htm

HTH! icon_smile.gif

amberlee416 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:36am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the link, but for some reason the video wont play i can hear sound but no pic. I had someone tell me that they painted on the lines, but i'm a little scared to do that, last time i painted on fondant it took forever to dry and i'm afrais by the time the 'paint' was dry the fondant would be too lol. I'm wondering if theres a way to make all the peices and then put them together and then put the flag on the cake.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:48am
post #4 of 8

Here's a recent thread on the topic, might be something in there to help?? http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-619735.html

xstitcher Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 8

Sorry the link didn't work for you. Here's the same video but from a different website, maybe this one will work for you.

Or maybe you could go to both sites and type in Fourth of July Cake in the search area and try to access it that way.

I also hope the link ceshell provided helps you out. Good Luck!

amberlee416 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #6 of 8

thank you both so much both of those links worked so i'm now just hoping this works for me lol. I'm going to test it tonight so fingers crossed this will work. I'm making the cake for my brothers going away party and i really want it to turn out nicely for him.

xstitcher Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 8

Keep us posted and let us see a pic when your done!

Edited to add emoticon (took a couple of tries and thanks to one of your posts ceshell I figured it out (I was missing the img tagicon_lol.gificon_redface.gif ))

amberlee416 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 8

ok i will

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%