Help Please! Need Ideas For A Very Special Cake

Decorating By rockysmommy Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 5:15pm by rockysmommy

rockysmommy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #1 of 9

My stepdaughter after 6 very long years has finally completed her rehab program and has been sober for 6 months (prescription drugs). She had brain surgery and became addicted to the pain killers. She has fully recovered from both...and is back in nursing school.

I want to make a very special cake for her to congratulate...and encourage her...she is 31. Her favorite color is any shade of pink...LOL!

I would appreciate any ideas...I am at a loss.

TIA,

Robin

8 replies
KlyKat Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 9

I'm thinking a stacked cake in graduating shades of pink. There's one on here that I love. When I find it in my favs I will post it for you to see. K'ly

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 9

Make her a pink scrub shirt decorated like one of the cute prints they come in and make sure you add all the things nurses carry with them...

rockysmommy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:22am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlyKat

I'm thinking a stacked cake in graduating shades of pink. There's one on here that I love. When I find it in my favs I will post it for you to see. K'ly

Thank you so much!

dmich Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:23am
post #5 of 9

Wow, it sounds as though she is a very strong young lady. I would focus on the positive things in her life - all the things she enjoys to do and things that help her look to the future. You could do something with the nursing - nursing instruments made of gumpaste or you could have several different figures on the cake that represent important things in her life. HTH.

rockysmommy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:36am
post #7 of 9
Quote:

dmich...Her nursing career is very special to her...that is an excellent idea, she felt that she had lost out on that for a while, only to have it opened back up to her...she is very, very special.

mommy_of_3_DDs...these are really good...

Thanks to you both...this has to be done for her party by this Saturday.

bartar01 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 9

I love the idea of the pink scrubs shirt. She's worked so hard to be where she is now.

rockysmommy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartar01

I love the idea of the pink scrubs shirt. She's worked so hard to be where she is now.

thumbs_up.gif I agree...Thank you...my only problem is...she loves the topsy turvy cakes...how would I incorporate that into that design? icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%