Help!! Does It Look...

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 10:25pm by JenWhitlock

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:05am
post #1 of 18

like ballet shoes? I am working on a cookie bouquet for an auction for a local dance studio. I have two boys and have never really looked at ballet shoes. I got a picture off of microsoft clip art, blew it up, and cut these out. I thought I might also make some curlies out of gumpaste and attach at the back like they are the ties. What do you think? Be VERY honest - I can handle it - I have a teenager! icon_lol.gif

17 replies
Twopeasinapod Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #2 of 18

Well, it would probably help if I would attach the picture! icon_sad.gif
LL

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:18am
post #3 of 18

They look great to me. But, then again, I'm in a house with 3 men. LOL No ballet shoes here either!

Lisa

PS OK... one man and two up-n-coming young men.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:20am
post #4 of 18

I think they look great! The ties, either gumpaste or piped on, would really help.

AFBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AFBarbie Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:21am
post #5 of 18

They look great! Of course I haven't seen a pair in many years.......from what I remember they look very realistic. Adding some curlyQ's would make them look cuter.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:24am
post #6 of 18

You can definately tell they're ballet shoes and they're really cute! But I feel like they're missing something, like a bow or when the ribbon on ballet shoes criss-cross. What else are you putting in the bouquet? or all ballet slippers?

Twopeasinapod Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:30am
post #7 of 18

I will be putting some music notes, hearts, and a few flowers along with the shoes. They didn't want tap shoes or anything else because it is mainly ballet.

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #8 of 18

They do look like ballet slippers. I think the curlies off the end would be good. It needs something. Usually the ballet slippers have a small bow at the top of the opening (by the toes) too. If you don't do the curlies, then normally the ballet slippers have an elastic band across the top of the foot, so you would want to add that too. Like this:

With these and the other items in your bouquet, it will look so cute!
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif
LL

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:35am
post #9 of 18

Twopeas, They look great, but I'm like sugarwishes, they are missing something, but can't put my finger on it. Do a search here and see what you come up with, even cakes. And I love what you said, Yes, teenagers give us very tough skins!!

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #10 of 18

they are so cute! i agree with everyone too, that it needs a tie or bow.
i have two girls who took dance when they were younger. and these are great!
btw: i loved your comment:
be honest i have a teenager!
so true!!!

tujy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tujy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:26am
post #11 of 18

i think they look like ballet shoes, but adding either a real ribbon (attached with some royal icing) or piping on some ribbon details would make them look even cuter. maybe you could attach satin ribbon onto the back with the RI, and bring the strands out to the front and make them criss cross or tied in a bow? i've never really paid much attention to what real ballet shoes look like, but the criss cross ribbon thing does pop into my head.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #12 of 18

These look great icon_biggrin.gif and there is no doubt that they are ballet slippers! I agree with everyone else that a ribbon or tie would be the perfect finishing touch. icon_smile.gif

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:26pm
post #13 of 18

I concur. adorable cookie!
I try to avoid putting a real ribbon on my cookies, but you can get that effect with fondant. I would either put a little bow at the toe or ribbon ties at the ankle strap. - try to keep the bow kinda flat so it doesn't crush.

(see my new baby cookies:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1216106 )

Twopeasinapod Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #14 of 18

Okay, I added fondant ribbons and a small flower. The flower matches the ones that are on the hearts in the bouquet. How does it look now? icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

Sweetlepea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetlepea Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 18

Fantastic!! They are sooo adorable! And the ribbon now gives it just the right touch, and I love the little flowers icon_smile.gif

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:19pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlepea

Fantastic!! They are sooo adorable! And the ribbon now gives it just the right touch, and I love the little flowers icon_smile.gif

Looks great! thumbs_up.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:21pm
post #17 of 18

MUCH nicer...the other ones did look like ballet slippers but could also have been mistaken for household slippers. These however...NO doubt whatsoever.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 10:25pm
post #18 of 18

FAB-U-LOUS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%