Pillow Cake? Viva Paper Towel Method?

Decorating By cserwa Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm by Peridot

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #1 of 7

I see everyone referring to the "viva paper towel" method to smooth buttercream, but I don't see any forums...does anyone have the link? HOw about a link a tutorial or forum about how to make the pillow cakes? Thanks in advance for any and all insight!!

6 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 7

Hi and welcome to CC:

Here a link for a purse tutorial:

Hope that helps!

slcforchrist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slcforchrist Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:02am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for this. I was wondering that same question. icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcforchrist

Thanks for this. I was wondering that same question. icon_biggrin.gif

Your Welcome!

icon_smile.gif

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much for answer my (our!) questions! Greatly appreciated, and I will check out that DVD for sure! Did you buy all of her videos like as a box set or each one individually or did you just pick and choose a few that were recommended to you? BTW - I love your signature. It's one of my favorite scriptures!

xstitcher Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:50am
post #6 of 7

Hi cserwa,

Your welcome!

I bought Sharon's first three videos. She has recently completed two more (Design Gallery and Boxes and Bows) which I plan on ordering shortly.

They are not sold as a boxed set that I know of. They are definitely worth every penny. icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 7

I also just purchased Sharon's DVD's (Buttercream, Fondant & Stacking). Her DVD's are fantastic - worth every penny! I will be ordering her lastest - Bows & Boxes.

I heard about the Viva method before and have tried it and it WORKS! It was amazing - wish I would have knows about it a few years ago - all of the time and frustration I could have saved myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%