I'm Scared And Dont Know What To Do!

Lounge By Karema Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 8:37am by xstitcher

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 21

I have been in business selling baked goods for about four years now. I took a break after I had my son for two years and now I'm back to it. I have started the business back up and even went and got a DBA and my licence. Before I didnt even know it was illegal to bake from home. Well I sell at the flea market and my husband goes to other several location. I do farely well and business is just starting to pick up. I do have some competition at the flea market and I've had to change strategies a few times to not lose customers. Well I'm also pregnant and I've been having some complications. The Doctor has put me on bedrest. For now I just have to stay on bed rest until I have my sonogram and find out what is wrong. I'm scared because I dont want to lose my baby and I dont want to lose my business. My husband has been out of work for three months and its really past hard. My business is the only way we make money. I know that if I stop now I will have a hard time getting started again since I'm just starting to get a lot of regular customers. I also know that if I stop we cant pay the bills and my hubby is trying to help me with the baking as much as he could. I dont have any family that can help. What should I do? We have two kids to take care of and I have to take care of this baby so we both are healthy. Has anyone else experianced this? What did you do?

20 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 21

Karema I'm so sorry to hear that you are having problems with your pregnancy. When it rains it pours, doesn't it? I never was in the same position as you, but I just wanted to let you know I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers and I hope everything turns out well for you and the baby.

You have to put your health and the baby's well being before everything else. I know you feel torn right now, but if the Dr. recommended bed rest there's a reason, so you should follow his/her orders.

I hope your husband will be able to find work soon, I can't imagine how stressful it is for all of you right now. I'm so sorry, I wish I could help bake for you or help you with your little ones. icon_sad.gif Please take care of yourself and that baby, sending you many warm (((((((hugs)))))))

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 21

I too hope your husband finds work soon.
What kind of work is he looking for?
Praying for you & your family, Cakebuddy.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 21

You really need to do what your doctor says, and keep that baby healthy and safe! I'd rather have hubby working at McD's to bring in some cash instead of baking and risking the baby's health. Good luck, and let us know what the dr says after your sonogram!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:55am
post #5 of 21

That is tough, Karema. This might be silly, but do you think that your dh could follow the recipes and do the baking, then set you up with the goods to decorate in bed or on the sofa? I'm not sure how bedrest works, or how much you can do.

Just worry about keeping yourself healthy and think positive toughts. Let us all know how you are doing.

I wish I were closer, I'd come help ya.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #6 of 21

Only God knows how your situation is going to end. I will be praying that He leads you to know what is the right thing to do. Listen for His voice icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 21

How long do you have to wait for the sonogram? I was just thinking about you yesterday.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 21

Stay on bedrest. When I was pregnant with my twins the doctor placed me on strict bedrest (to the toilet and back to bed). I broke the rules a few times (to clean the oven for cryin' out loud) and ended up having to get my cervix sutured shut and put in the hospital for a month and half to finish the rest of the pregnancy. It scared me into obedience and I behaved myself. My twins were born 36 weeks to the day (full term for twins) and weighing more than 5 lbs each.

When I wanted to get up and do something I'd think about losing one or both of my children and that put everything into perspective. The doctor placed you on bedrest because he/she sees something that could potentially harm your baby. Right now by God's grace you are the only person who can keep that baby safe and nothing should be more important. Granted my husband and I were in a financial position to where I could afford to stay home, but like Jen1977 said, McDonald's is always hiring. Right now if your DH needs to he can work two jobs or whatever he can get to make ends meet. Working two jobs or going without a few things would seem insignificant if you were to (God forbid) lose your child.

I'm praying for a miracle in your life, especially though for the health of you and your child. Things will work out, just listen to your doctor.

Deb_ Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:12am
post #9 of 21

Karema,

I've been thinking about you this week. How are things going? Did you have your sonogram yet?

I hope all is well with you and the baby.

Please post an update.

icon_smile.gif Deb

Karema Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:11am
post #10 of 21

Hi Thanks for being concerned. I have stopped bleeding but I'm still taking easy. I have my sonogram on thursday so I will find out if everything is ok. Thanks for asking.

Deb_ Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:22pm
post #11 of 21

Well, that's good news that the bleeding has stopped. Good luck on Thursday, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Keep resting!
Deb

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #12 of 21

When I was preggers with my last baby, I had just started out with everything and then found out about the baby. The dr. wanted to terminate from the beginning. I had to be on bedrest as well. I had 2 other babies, both special needs, and was at wits end. I was given a book that helped. God first, he will always take care of you. Family second, they are not to be taken for granted. Career third, you can always start over. When you feel your career is taking over, think about losing 1 and 2. Are you willing for that? No. Place your trust in the Lord and remember he will be there for you. I wish I was closer to be of help but will pray for health, wealth and happiness for you and your family. I know it is a struggle but your customer base WILL be there when you go back and be happy to see you and baby again!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 21

Well said jlynnw!

Karema Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #14 of 21

Hi all

Sonogram went ok. They said I have a marginal placenta previa. I have to talk to my doctor to see what he wants me to do. I did find out that the baby is healthy baby boy. I have to go again next week to check the babies heart again and see if the placenta is going to move. I'm still trying to take it easy but its a little hard. Hubby is almost doing everything. We will See. I would just like to ask for all of your prayers and thank you for being concerned.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #15 of 21

It's a BOY!!! I am so excited for you! I had the placenta previa and spent months in bed. Do it. Do it DO IT!!!! I thought things were getting better and went to the store and buy some things for baby. I was up for 2 hours and that was it, back to the hospital. Take it easy, please. I am so excited I can hardly wait for your little boy. I pray that Jesus wraps his loving arms around him and gives him the health and strength he needs. Bless him not only a health heart but a happy heart. My his soul be bound to God. I Pray that you find peace with your situation and that God answers our prayers and reveals them to you. I pray your husband finds the work he desires and the ability to be the husband and father He has planned for you and your family. Amen.

Deb_ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:29pm
post #16 of 21

Very well said jlynnw! I second that icon_smile.gif

Of course you'll have my prayers Karema! A baby boy, how exciting! Do you have a boy yet?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:50pm
post #17 of 21

Congrats on the little boy! There is something so sweet about them-these tiny little beings that will grow up into a strong man one day. It's so precious.

I pray things will improve for your family, and for you. I know its hard to take it easy when you feel like you are needed to help out, but that's what your body and your baby need right now.

Congrats again. icon_biggrin.gif

Karema Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:09pm
post #18 of 21

Good News!!
I just went and had another sonogram and the placenta has moved into the right position. I'm so happy. I'm still taking it kind of easy but I'm happy that the baby is ok and I'm ok as well. Thank you all for the prayers and just listening.

Karema

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:27pm
post #19 of 21

Congratulations! That is GREAT news.

Deb_ Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm
post #20 of 21

Awesome news!! thumbs_up.gif Keep up the good work Mommy icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 8:37am
post #21 of 21