Wasc Cook Time??

Decorating By cake1119 Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm by cake1119

cake1119 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 7

Someone please tell me how long I should bake a wasc cake in an 11x15 pan. Thanks in avance.

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 7

It depends on what temp you are using. Generally it should bake at 325 for about 1 hour. After about 45 minutes check to see how the center is doing. If there is no movement (liquid center) then Touch it lightly; if it springs back any at all it is done. If it starts to pull away form the sides it is done! As a confirmation, use a toothpick slightly off center; if it comes out w/a few crumbs clinging and no raw batter it is done.

cake1119 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 7

Well I baked at 325 but after 1 hour it was pulling from sides a little but center was not close to being done. It took about 20 min. more. What happened? I will decorate and deliver in the morning, and we are attending the party so I will find out if it's way too dry or what. Thanks for your repley.

JanH Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 7

An 11x15x2 takes 8 cups of batter, and should bake for approximately 35-40 minutes at 325F.

An 11x15x3 takes 16 cups of batter and should bake for approximately 80-85 minutes at 325F.

Wilton cake preparation and servings guides:
(Gives batter requirements, as well as recommended baking temps. and times.)

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/

One of the most common causes of cakes under/overbaking is an inaccurate oven temperature. Get a little oven thermometer to check your oven's temp. and correct as necessary.

HTH

cake1119 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

An 11x15x2 takes 8 cups of batter, and should bake for approximately 35-40 minutes at 325F.

An 11x15x3 takes 16 cups of batter and should bake for approximately 80-85 minutes at 325F.

Wilton cake preparation and servings guides:
(Gives batter requirements, as well as recommended baking temps. and times.)

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/

One of the most common causes of cakes under/overbaking is an inaccurate oven temperature. Get a little oven thermometer to check your oven's temp. and correct as necessary.

HTH

I'm sorry, but I went by the Wilton baking guidelines and unless I'm reading it wrong, it says 11 cups of batter, not 8. My pan is 11x15x2. We attended the party and no one complained although I noticed it to be a little tough around the edges. I am going today and purchase an oven thermometer. Thank you so much for mentioning that, because as silly as it sounds I would have never thought to check my oven for accuracy. Thanks again, and if you have any more suggestions, please feel free!!

JanH Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 7

Don't know what I was typing... I know the 13x9x2 takes 1/2 the WASC recipe (7 cups).. icon_redface.gif

But that's why I included the link to all the Wilton cake preparation charts. Didn't assume that you had this info.

Thought you might be using a 3" pan as you didn't provide that info in your original post.

Hope the oven thermometer does the trick for you. thumbs_up.gif

cake1119 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Don't know what I was typing... I know the 13x9x2 takes 1/2 the WASC recipe (7 cups).. icon_redface.gif

But that's why I included the link to all the Wilton cake preparation charts. Didn't assume that you had this info.

Thought you might be using a 3" pan as you didn't provide that info in your original post.

Hope the oven thermometer does the trick for you. thumbs_up.gif

Again Thank You so much and I will let you know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%