Edible Printer Problems Need Help Asap.

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 9:54pm by TigerFan

ljhow623 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 5

I just put new cartridges in my Canon IP3500. The black ink won't work. I have done several cleanings and nothing is working. Does anyone have any suggestions on unclogging this mess?

4 replies
saberger Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 5

Is your printer even recognizing the cartridge?

SScakes Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

I had a similar problem with my blue and for some reason, the ink was not flowing out and I could do nothing to fix it. I eventually syringed all the ink out and placed in the old cartridge.

The only other thing I can think of is to do the steam clean. You could just have a bad clog.

ljhow623 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 5

yes the printer recognizes the cartridge. How do you steam clean it?

TigerFan Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 5

This is how I solve the problem. Take out the ink cartridges and then remove the print head. Place the printhead in a bowl of water about 1/2" deep and soak the cartridge for 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to damage the sensors on the print head. Dry the printhead with a blow drier on low or take a paper towel and wick the water from the print head. Replace the printhead and ink cartridges. I use to have this problem all the time with the ink I ordered from kopykake. I changed to the edible ink at TastyfotoArt and have had no problems since. Might want to give them a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%