Need A Good Tasting Cookie Recipie

Baking By mirda6275 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 3:28pm by TracyLH

mirda6275 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mirda6275 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 11

for cookies that are gluten and casein (wheat and dairy) free!

I'm part of my school's PTA and they want to make puzzle piece cookies for part of the Walk Now for Autism kickoff at our school. I already have the cookie cutter and have messed around with different ways to use RI to decorate them, but a small population of ours is on a special diet and we want to make sure we have some cookies they can have as well.

I know finding really good gf/cf foods is difficult, so I thought I'd ask here for ideas!

TIA

10 replies
mirda6275 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:49am
post #2 of 11

any ideas???

could i sub rice flour for regular flour?
would baking powder/baking soda be a problem???
could i sub crisco for butter and add some butter flavoring?

mirda6275 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:08am
post #3 of 11

maybe if I keep asking, someone will offer any thoughts????

please???

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:42am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirda6275

maybe if I keep asking, someone will offer any thoughts????

please???

A more descriptive subject heading would better help others help you. icon_smile.gif Several people have recently asked about "good tasting" cookie recipes.

I checked Celiac.com and found this one. I've not tried it myself, but I have used other recipes from this site and they were successful. They also have a list of "safe" ingredients.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/728/1/Christmas-Sugar-Cookies-Gluten-Free/Page1.html

Also, check your local health food stores, they might carry a G-F cookie mix.

mirda6275 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 11

thanks for the suggestions, both about making posts clearer and where to look!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 11

I think I might've come off a little snarky in my reply. Sorry about that. icon_redface.gif My point was that people might be overlooking your post thinking someone else doesn't like the NFSC recipe or whatever.

I can't find the thread, but gluten-free cookies were discussed recently. No guarantees, but if you re-post your question, those ladies might have a better answer for you than I did.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 11

I make my cookies using margarine with no problem and use butter flavoring instead of vanilla. Sorry i don't know much about gluten free.

mirda6275 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:29am
post #8 of 11

Honeydukes, you weren't snarkey...and I do appreciate the suggestions. I haven't posted much, especially starting new threads, and I should have made my subject more clear. I did see a gf post and I pm'ed someone who helped me greatly. (Although I don't remember who off the top of my head...but I did send her a thank you pkm!)

M

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:01am
post #9 of 11

I posted a peanut butter cookie with no flour on CC. I do know these taste good but I am not sure how they would taste with RI on them. Here are the ingredients for more of the recipe you can find it on CC, sorry I don't have the link on hand!
1 egg
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup of sugar

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:20am
post #10 of 11

Hi,
You can order gluten free sugar cookie dough from this gluten free bread company..

http://www.shop.millersglutenfree.com/category.sc?categoryId=2

Not sure if you want to order the dough, but thought I would post it!

JoAnn

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:28pm
post #11 of 11

I agree with Honeydukes. I opened this with a minute to kill, thinking it as NFSC related and it is entirely different (that happens icon_smile.gif ). It looks like you have some good responses, but if you want more people to see it and help, I would call it something like "Need wheat and dairy free rolled cookie recipes please". This way it will catch the neccessary people's eye immediately. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif My son's class had a little girl who had a wheat allergy and I always made meringues for her, but your idea to actually find a cookie recipe is just wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%