New Tree Ideas (Edna's)

Decorating By dsimkovic Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 1:21am by tonedna

dsimkovic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsimkovic Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 12

I already know how to make trees using ice cream cones but I've heard of a type of tree that Edna makes. I'm trying to find instructions for that but I haven't had any luck. Does Edna use something other than cones?

I saw a picture of a cake someone did and they attributed their trees to Edna's method. The trees were shorter than mine usually are. I need short trees. Do I just cut the cones down? Who is Edna? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 12

Her screen name is tonedna. Just send her a pm as she is so nice and always willing to help. You can look her up on the memberlist at the top of this page.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsabol2000

I already know how to make trees using ice cream cones but I've heard of a type of tree that Edna makes. I'm trying to find instructions for that but I haven't had any luck. Does Edna use something other than cones?

I saw a picture of a cake someone did and they attributed their trees to Edna's method. The trees were shorter than mine usually are. I need short trees. Do I just cut the cones down? Who is Edna? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 12

dsabol2000, Edna's cakes are beautiful! I posted her you tube site in the previous post so you could see some of her how to videos.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

dsabol2000, Edna's cakes are beautiful! I posted her you tube site in the previous post so you could see some of her how to videos.

I have learned so much from watching Edna's videos...she is GREAT!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks girls!...Now my question is what kind of trees are we talking about in here!.. icon_redface.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

dsimkovic Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:43am
post #7 of 12

I just thought you would know! LOL icon_lol.gif

I was looking for ideas for a cake that looks like a mountain and when I found this one I liked the trees and she gave kudos to you. icon_smile.gif

[url] http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1245557.html [/url]

tonedna Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:47am
post #8 of 12

Well.. have to say..those are Aine 2 tutorials..I have tutorials on Youtube too, but those trees are from Aine. She has a great tutorial on Youtube on how to do them.
Edna icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:28am
post #9 of 12
dsimkovic Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #10 of 12

WOW! I thought they were ice cream cones with BC! I LOVE IT! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 12

Edna, I want to thank you. I was ready to give up on my tap-its. But you saved me. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:21am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Edna, I want to thank you. I was ready to give up on my tap-its. But you saved me. icon_lol.gif

I was too the first time I used them.. Is good to keep trying!
Glad it worked out!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%