New Tree Ideas (Edna's)

Decorating By dsimkovic Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 1:21am by tonedna

dsimkovic Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 12

I already know how to make trees using ice cream cones but I've heard of a type of tree that Edna makes. I'm trying to find instructions for that but I haven't had any luck. Does Edna use something other than cones?

I saw a picture of a cake someone did and they attributed their trees to Edna's method. The trees were shorter than mine usually are. I need short trees. Do I just cut the cones down? Who is Edna? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

11 replies
tiggy2 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 12

Her screen name is tonedna. Just send her a pm as she is so nice and always willing to help. You can look her up on the memberlist at the top of this page.

Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsabol2000

I already know how to make trees using ice cream cones but I've heard of a type of tree that Edna makes. I'm trying to find instructions for that but I haven't had any luck. Does Edna use something other than cones?

I saw a picture of a cake someone did and they attributed their trees to Edna's method. The trees were shorter than mine usually are. I need short trees. Do I just cut the cones down? Who is Edna? icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 12

dsabol2000, Edna's cakes are beautiful! I posted her you tube site in the previous post so you could see some of her how to videos.

rockysmommy Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie53

dsabol2000, Edna's cakes are beautiful! I posted her you tube site in the previous post so you could see some of her how to videos.

I have learned so much from watching Edna's videos...she is GREAT!

tonedna Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks girls!...Now my question is what kind of trees are we talking about in here!.. icon_redface.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

dsimkovic Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:43am
post #7 of 12

I just thought you would know! LOL icon_lol.gif

I was looking for ideas for a cake that looks like a mountain and when I found this one I liked the trees and she gave kudos to you. icon_smile.gif

[url] http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1245557.html [/url]

tonedna Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 12:47am
post #8 of 12

Well.. have to say..those are Aine 2 tutorials..I have tutorials on Youtube too, but those trees are from Aine. She has a great tutorial on Youtube on how to do them.
Edna icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:28am
post #9 of 12
dsimkovic Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:57pm
post #10 of 12

WOW! I thought they were ice cream cones with BC! I LOVE IT! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!

gscout73 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 12

Edna, I want to thank you. I was ready to give up on my tap-its. But you saved me. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:21am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Edna, I want to thank you. I was ready to give up on my tap-its. But you saved me. icon_lol.gif

I was too the first time I used them.. Is good to keep trying!
Glad it worked out!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%