Ever Made One Of Those Gourmet Candy Apples?????????

Decorating By tannersmom Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 3:07am by tannersmom

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 7

I just love those apples. I recently made some and they were a hit. I was wondering if you've tried making them and what flavors did you make. My favorite is: Apple Dumplin
Granny smith
dipped in caramel
dipped in marshmellow creme, sprinkled in cinnamon, brown sugar and regular sugar allow to set.
dip in white chocolate and sprinkle again with the sugar mixture. Oh my goodness, it's delicious. Just a little something different to think about.

Stephanie

6 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 7

you are making me drool! Those are yummy. We dip just about everything, apples, bread sticks, cookies.... yum!!

I have found the carmel dip in the tub at Walmart makes best dipping. I tried some carmel that is for icecream and it is too soft.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 7

They sound delicious...just reading about it made my mouth water! Now, I'm going to have to make them! icon_biggrin.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 7

Oh, heck yeah!

About 5 years ago, I lucked into some 7-10 inch (no joke, 10 inches big) Fuji apples at Wegman's. I made them into giant caramel apples, complete with all these fixings -

White, milk, and dark chocolate drizzled all over, cashews, pistachios, coconut, candied orange peel bits, super mini marshmallows, M&Ms plain and peanut, and chopped dried raspberries.

I needed the big dowels from Wal-Mart to make them look like real caramel apples. I got empty bowling ball boxes to gift them in.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 7

Here's the page and pics that my son did about the gourmet apples we made for Christmas gifts this year:
http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Caramel_Apples.html

Deanna

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 7

Mmm....they look delicious!

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:07am
post #7 of 7

Deanna, those apples looks wonderful. About the apple dumplin that I posted, it taste just like an apple pie. It's sooooo good. I also have made a banana split.

granny smith
caramel
toasted walnuts
banana chips
white chocolate
one cherry (on top)
drizzled with milk chocolate

Oh so good!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%