Decorating By hoopb2 Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 3:53am by hoopb2

hoopb2 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 3

I am hoping some one can tell me the most trust worthy and best place to shop online for icing color. ALso I need to make a security forces cake and i am guessing I need silver and gold and airforce blue. I am not as advance in the cake decorating and I have never used the dust or luster dust or something so is there another way to acheive these colors.
Thank you for all your help. icon_biggrin.gifusaribbon.gif

2 replies
prterrell Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 3

I purchase my colors (I primarily use Americolor brand) at I have never had a problem ordering from them. Their website is easy to use. Every order has come very quickly. Shipping rates seem fair.

Metallic colors are only available in luster dusts. These are very easy to use. You can brush them on dry or mix with your choice of (vodka, everclear, lemon extract, clear vanilla extract -- I use vodka) to make a "paint". I've never tried using them with buttercream. Not sure if it would work or not with a crusting bc. I don't make a crusting bc and I know they wouldn't work with the IMBC I make. However, on fondant, gumpaste, pastillage, and dried royal icing, they work great.

hoopb2 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your help icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%