Has Anyone Heard Of Weight Watchers Brownies??

Decorating By sofiasmami Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm by sofiasmami

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 11

my friend got a recipe from someone at her gym for weight watcher's brownies. the recipe is supposed to be fat free, but I'm a bit skeptical... the recipe calls for a can of beans, a 1/2 cup water, and regular brownie mix. I don't understand how this will work, but she swears the brownies were delicious. I guess not using the oil, and the egg is what makes it fat free, but using the store mix makes me doubt this. any information you can share to enlighten my ignorance will be greatly appreciated.

10 replies
kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 11

my friend made a recipe with the beans but i dont know if it was the weight watchers recipe. i will try to find out.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #3 of 11

yes, my daughter was WW and made these. They are "ok". icon_sad.gif

I took some into work and shared with co-workers, not telling them how they were made, made DANG sure they knew *I* didn't make them! And asked their opinion. Most kinda crinkled up their face and tried to be polite.

After I told them they were made with beans, one lady said, 'Well .... after you know that and so considering what they were made with, they're pretty good. But just to hand it to me as a sweet treat? I'd pass on the next one."

So I guess if you've been deprived of chocolate for a long time, it's an ok substitute.

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #4 of 11

I have not tasted the WW brownies made with beans BUT do try the No Pudge brownies. They are very good, and only 2 points per serving. They are available in many stores or you can go to their web page. nopudge.com and find a store that carries them.

They are also fat free, you add fat free yogurt to make them!

Isabel

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #5 of 11

I've never heard about that recipe, but I just use the "low fat" version that they list on most boxes (using applesauce instead of oil). I did the calculations and one serving= 2 points.

They're definately not as rich, but they are pretty good when you're watching your wasteline!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:26am
post #6 of 11

The beans raise the fiber count which lowers the number of points per serving. I've been a lifetime member of WW for 10+ years and have learned that, if I need chocolate, the real thing is the ONLY thing that will satisfy that craving. I adjust or save points and am much happier that I got the good stuff versus the "knock-off." icon_lol.gif

brandywinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandywinecakes Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:37am
post #7 of 11

I've never had that recipe and I'm not on weight watchers, but my friend is. She told me of a recipe that I use all the time...just because it's good. Combine a deviled food cake (or any rich choc) dry mix with one can of pumpkin. It's going to be hard to mix, but it will eventually mix. Spread it into a pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or so until done. The consistency is a mix between cake and brownie and it's only 1 point per serving. I don't know much about the size of the servings though. HTH

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:59am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandywinecakes

I've never had that recipe and I'm not on weight watchers, but my friend is. She told me of a recipe that I use all the time...just because it's good. Combine a deviled food cake (or any rich choc) dry mix with one can of pumpkin. It's going to be hard to mix, but it will eventually mix. Spread it into a pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or so until done. The consistency is a mix between cake and brownie and it's only 1 point per serving. I don't know much about the size of the servings though. HTH

This one I've had at one of my friend's house. I didn't think they were bad. You're supposed to cut them in 1" x 1" bite sized pieces, very small bite! icon_razz.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #9 of 11

The WW recipe I have is: 1 Family Size Brownie Mix and 1 12 oz. can diet soda (personal preference). Each 2 X 2 serving is worth 2 points. It's actually good! Also, you can take any cake mix and mix a 12 oz. can of diet soda with it...bake in a 9 x 13 pan. Serve with Lite Cool Whip. Same serving size and point value as the brownies.

My FAV of the cake is white cake mix with orange diet soda. Tastes KINDA like a dreamsicle cake!

Beth in KY

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:44am
post #10 of 11

I am with WW for a long time. After the twins balloned to 210 at 5'4. Joined WW and lost over 100 pounds weigh. I now weigh between 106-110 pounds.

I prefer to the low fat version with pumpkin mix. The best way to eat and watch your weight is cut back and exercise. the recipe with the diet soda is unhealthy. I prefer the no pudge brownie mix. I add the yogurt to the mix. Healthier.

Just remember calories add up no matter what you put in your mouth!

sofiasmami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sofiasmami Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 11

so I experimented with the recipe last night ...curiosity got the best of me.... I HATED them and so did everyone else that tried them. I guess I'm not meant to be skinny...lol

that's the end of that!!!

thanks everyone for the suggestions on other recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%