Has Anyone Heard Or Seen This Before?

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 1:37pm by Auryn

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 24

http://www.beaterblade.com/

A friend of mine just sent me the above link & I was wondering if anyone heard or seen this before? Or has tried it?
If so, let me know what you think about it or if it works well?

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

23 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:21pm
post #2 of 24

Never heard of it before. Interesting idea. My biggest hesitation would be if using it would void the warranty on my KA.

cats242 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats242 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 24

I just bought this a few weeks ago at Williams-Sonoma. I've only used it once...its ok so far. I have a few things to use it for this weekend so I can give you a better report after that!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 24

I have seen threads about this on here. Try a search. People have said it's a good product, I believe. There are also Youtube videos galore demonstrating it side by side with the regular paddle.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 24
cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 24

Looks good to me. I think I may want one. I just wonder how they made the attachment universal to all mixers.

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 24

I have one.... I LOVE IT.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 24

That looks so cool! I think I might have to get one sometime soon. I'm always stopping the mixer to scrape down the bowl...what a great idea!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #9 of 24

Never saw it before but I like that it's made in the USA usaribbon.gif

cats242 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats242 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:47am
post #10 of 24

Actually mine is a little different but same concept...the one I have is called scrape-a-bowl and its just for KA's

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku9225095/index.cfm?pkey=celtmixatt

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:51am
post #11 of 24

That looks remarkably similar to the paddle blade of my K5 mixer. Is it the same thing?

sillyjodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyjodes Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:54am
post #12 of 24

I love mine!

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:06pm
post #13 of 24

I have one and I love it, love it, love it icon_biggrin.gif

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #14 of 24

I couldn't live without mine. Love it, love it, love it! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:27pm
post #15 of 24

I'm getting one! Thanks for sharing

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:30pm
post #16 of 24

LOVE the beater blade. Havn't used the regular one since I got it. Rarely have to scrape down the bowl. I am very protective of it and always hand wash it. I'm afraid to put it in the dishwasher as it is made of hard plastic and rubber.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:36pm
post #17 of 24

So how much are they?

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:39pm
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbenjr

So how much are they?

Ditto!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:41pm
post #19 of 24

cats242~was reading about both blades, and yours says it's only for the tilted head KA. For those considering it, make sure you know the difference between the blades!

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:47pm
post #20 of 24

Hi everyone! I had one and loved it. The first one I bought broke while trying to beat some cold butter. So I called the manufacturer and they were really nice and gave me a new one. When I got the new one I used it a couple of times and then when I went to change the blade out it was stuck in my machine. I have a 7 qt Cuisinart mixer. I called Cuisinart and they told me to send the machine in for service because it was still under warranty. I did not mention to them it was this blade because I want my machine fixed even if I have to pay for it. I am hoping that the blade does not void my warranty or I am still hoping that they are able to fix the machine because it was very expensive. I am still waiting to here. So I am back to my 5 qt KA. So, I guess what I am saying is that when it worked it was great. Hope this helps.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:00pm
post #21 of 24

I don't have that one but I have the side swipe and I love it. http://www.sideswipeblade.com/ I haven't used it for cookies but it's great for cakes and icing.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:07pm
post #22 of 24

tiggy2~ I think your SideSwipe is the original one. Now a lot of companies are taking advantage of this. I can't afford to have something go wrong, so I think I'm sticking to the good ol' spatula and doing it by hand. But all of them are great ideas!!! Especially for frosting.

Bethkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethkay Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #23 of 24

To answer the question about cost--I got one for around $25-$30 from Amazon. I have since seen them in Le Gourmet Chef and a friend of mine purchased hers from a store that repairs small appliances. I don't think the base price varied too much from place to place. Obviously, you have to add on shipping if you mail order the item.

I believe there are styles made for both the tilt-head mixers and the bowl-lift style mixers. You do just have to make sure you pick up/order the correct one.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:37pm
post #24 of 24

i absolutely love mine
it makes a huge difference

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%