What Are The Best Sizes Of Pans To Buy?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 9:29pm by kakeladi

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 2

I'm going to buy Magic Line square pans for an upcoming wedding and the bride does not care what size the cake is as long as the pans go up by more than 2 inches in size. So, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for what the best and most versatile sizes are? I was thinking either 6, 10, 14 or 6, 8, 12 or 4, 8, 12 (can you even get 4" square pans?). Thanks for any suggestions!! (by the way, nobody even sells square pans around where I live so that I could go and try out different combos)

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 2

I think for future use the 6, 10, 14 is going to be better for you. Just be sure you measure your oven to be sure a pan will fit... Those pans have an edge/lip on them so the biggest one will measure at least 16" sq. Be sure it will fit both from side to side and front to back. I remember reading one gal measured from side to side but not the other & the door of the oven would not close icon_sad.gif

BTW: a 14x2 sq pan uses 2 1/2 cake mixes; a 10 sq 1 1/2; and the 6 about 2/3 to 3/4 of one mix. HTH (and you will need to do that twice for each tier of the wedding cake (except maybe the 6"er).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%