So Confused With My Mixer~!

Decorating By CourtneysSweets Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 11:12pm by Deb_

CourtneysSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysSweets Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 9

My previous post http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-618691-.html
I actually got a replacement from KA. They sent me the same model yet it doesn't plug in where I had the old one. I measured the cord.. it's 5 inches shorter! Mine was 51inches this one is 46!! I called and they said they've never heard of this now I'm on hold.. has anyone had this problem?

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 9

That is so odd icon_confused.gif When I read that your cord was 51" I thought wow that's long. So, I got up and measured mine and it is 51" too, I never would have thought that it was that long. I have the black Artisan.

I wonder if the replacement was a refurbished model that had the cord shortened.

Is it quieter then the first one? Mine is very quiet.

CourtneysSweets Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 9

It sounds better but the cord is smaller making it hard for me since I have a small kitchen I had to get a kitchen island and it doesn't reach the socket now.. 5 inches is a lot when it comes to little things like this.. They basically told me to bring it to a repair shop.. I have the black artisan too. I haven't even had it over a week.

Deb_ Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 9

Did you guys buy it at a store or did you order it? I think I'd bring it back to the store and ask for another one if you can. 5" is a lot and it's odd that it would be shorter. I bought mine last year from QVC, maybe the newer model Artisan is being made with a shorter cord. I don't know.
I can see where that would make a big difference though.

Good luck, I hope you can get it switched.

CourtneysSweets Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:33am
post #5 of 9

I called again and was told the one I purchased just Saturday was 2 and a half years old. icon_eek.gif The one they replaced with is only a month old. So not sure.. has anyone else recently bought a kitchenaid mixer? I wonder if they are shorter now.. I just went to target and bbb and they all measure 51 inches., pretty weird for them to all measure the same and now not.. icon_confused.gif

CourtneysSweets Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 9

does anyone have one with a cord less than 51 inches?.. icon_sad.gif

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 9

I just measured mine and it was around 46, 47. it is a black artisan and I got it after christmas this year

CourtneysSweets Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 9

k Thanks, I actually just used it to make Royal Icing.. well lets say clumps. It actually smells like a car repair shop icon_surprised.gif it's revving up and staling. I'm having no luck icon_cry.gif

Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 11:12pm
post #9 of 9

Wow, I can't believe the problems you're having with that.......can you return it for a full refund and try another store? Maybe it's just a bad batch, as I said before I bought mine from QVC it's an Artisan and knock wood, it's been perfect.

I hope you can get this resolved once and for all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%