I'm Having A Terrible Week..

Decorating By simplysweet72740 Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 12:02am by xstitcher

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 26

So my mother and I have been trying by this building so she can expand her daycare and I can finally open my bakery. Everything was going so great, we were financially approved, waiting on the state.

Then my brother had a severe seizure that disabled him, not bad but he can't drive or do anything strenuous, which means he has to move back home. This was on Tuesday, and on thursday he was laid off alongside my step dad. Now this morning my husband was laid off.

Now me and my mother will have to live on our incomes alone. I guess now we basically have to put our plans on hold!!!

GRRR this economy!!!

If anyone prays..we really need your prayers!!!

25 replies
gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 26

I'm sorry to hear about your brother and the loss of all the jobs. I'll be praying for you! Image

Keep your head up!

Gail[/img]

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 26

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I really hope that things improve for you soon, especially with your brother's health.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 26

You are having a lousy week. I am so sorry. I hope you can keep your spirits up and perservere. You and your family will be in my prayers. Take care.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 26

We'll be praying for you.

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 26

Oh, yes, I pray and I will be praying for you and your family! Look to the Lord for He is good!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 26

Oh no! When it rains it pours.

I hope everything works out for the best.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 26

I'm so very sorry about everything. I hope your brother will be OK, how scary for him too.

Praying for all your family. I'm sorry that you had to put your dream on hold.

Best wishes to all of you!

Deb

SweetieHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieHunny Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 8:54am
post #9 of 26

Simplysweet72740, don't put your plans on hold, just alter them to fit your new circumstances! icon_smile.gif

I heard someone say once that god never laughed as hard as he did when he saw you make plans. icon_wink.gif A college major, a career path, a baby, anything. You just have to learn to roll with it, find a new direction, and keep heading toward your goal.

Be the best at what you do and you'll be just fine.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 26

It really stinks but it's better that everyone got laid off and sick before you sank all that money into the building and then not being able to pay for it.

I'll be thinking of you.

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:46pm
post #11 of 26

I will keep you in my prayers. God has a plan for you and your family... you just have to trust Him.

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #12 of 26

I am sorry for all the problems you are having at this time. Sometimes though, those 'valley' experiences are where we learn the most from God. I am praying for you that you will soon be at the 'mountaintop' and ready to move on with your plans. My prayers are with your family and with your brother.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:08pm
post #13 of 26

Hold on to your faith! God knows the plans He has for you.......plans to bless you, not to harm you. As others have said, roll w/these punches. Something good will come out of it eventually - in God's perfect timing.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:12pm
post #14 of 26

Perhaps this is a way to get these family members in the business as well and help out. I pray you find comfort and peace. I pray for strength and healing for your brother. I pray for yours and our countries economic situation to improve.

Please do not give up on your dream.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:14pm
post #15 of 26

The bible says all things happen for a reason sometimes those reason are just not clear to us at times. It is never easy when you have no control over things. A few years ago my husband got laid off and we ended up losing our house. It was the hardest thing to deal with. We moved back to our home town, he went back to school. Then we found out I was pregnant with twins again! We are in a better situation now, but I did not think we were ever going to get through it.

Just have faith, keep a positive attitude and don't give up. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #16 of 26

I pray that the Lord is with you and your family at this difficult time, and I hope that things get better for you soon!

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:34am
post #17 of 26

I hope things work out for you...God bless.

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:47am
post #18 of 26

Keeping you and everyone else who is struggling in these difficult times in our thoughts and prayers..sending out thousands of (((((((HUGS))))))

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #19 of 26

Praying for you, and your family along with many others that are facing hardships today...God Bless You, and comfort you.

Robin

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #20 of 26

I'm a firm believer in the fact that events (whether good or bad) do happen for a reason. I've had doors slam in my face only to have a better one open a ways down the line. Only then does it click...." Oh, THAT'S why that happened then." I know it's a cliche we've all heard all our lives but I do believe it's true.

Stay strong, keep the faith; we'll be praying for you.

cakesgalore6373 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesgalore6373 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:23am
post #21 of 26

I am so sorry for your situation.

Remember God will never give you more than you can handle.

When the time is right in God's eyes your plans for your bakery will happen and you will truely be blessed.

Praying for you and your family.

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #22 of 26

Thanks to everyone for your warm and blessing comments. I hadn't been able to get on in a while, and I have an update.

My brother will be ok. He had all these tests ran, and he was cleared to drive and live by himself. He still doesn't have a job yet but his health is better. My husband got another job this week, we are very blessed because he was only out of work 4 weeks. My step-dad was rehired at his old job.

My mother and I lost our building, because we couldn't close on it and they sold it to someone else. You know, its ok though, because its right beside the river, and the river flooded going right into the building. The building has been there since 70's and it had never flooded, but I guess that day was sure to come. I just pray for the people who did buy it that all will be ok.

Thanks to all your prayers, mine were answered, and maybe not in the way I wanted, but they were answered.

Thanks Again Brandi

cakedoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoll Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:03pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysweet72740

Thanks to everyone for your warm and blessing comments. I hadn't been able to get on in a while, and I have an update.

My brother will be ok. He had all these tests ran, and he was cleared to drive and live by himself. He still doesn't have a job yet but his health is better. My husband got another job this week, we are very blessed because he was only out of work 4 weeks. My step-dad was rehired at his old job.

My mother and I lost our building, because we couldn't close on it and they sold it to someone else. You know, its ok though, because its right beside the river, and the river flooded going right into the building. The building has been there since 70's and it had never flooded, but I guess that day was sure to come. I just pray for the people who did buy it that all will be ok.

Thanks to all your prayers, mine were answered, and maybe not in the way I wanted, but they were answered.

Thanks Again Brandi

I'm happy for you that your brother will be all right and the jobs came through.

As far as the building goes, the right one will become available and if you are supposed to get it, you will. This one just wasn't supposed to be yours, and from what you stated about the flooding, it's a blessing. Again, events happen for a reason. (my humble beliefs)

Keep your head up and keep looking, the right opportunity for you is out there.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #24 of 26

Glad to hear your Brother is better and that your Hubby and Step-Dad are working again. As for the building hang in there and it will all work out. Just be patient and find the "perfect" place for you, it will come around when the time is right. Good luck and hope all continues to look up for you!

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:27pm
post #25 of 26

So glad that everything is ok now.. See God was watching out for you.. There is something better done the road.. Keep your eyes out for it! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 12:02am
post #26 of 26

That's great news that your brother and I'm glad that your dh and stepdad both are working again. As for the building, I'm sure you'll find another one that will be perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%