Topsy Turvy Cakes

Decorating By ramzeesgirl Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 12:46am by Rocketgirl899

ramzeesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramzeesgirl Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

hello all......i have received an order for a topsy turvy wedding cake and have yet to do one........i was wondering if people could give their insight on these and let me know any hints if you have any...thanks so much, all help appreciated!

5 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 6

I did one for Christmas but only my top was leaning the others were like a normal stacked cake, if you look on this site there some great pics here i know you have to make sure that there really level, sorry no help
Do you know if she wants all to be leaning??

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 6

I did one for my neices graduation but I used styrofoam cut on an angle as the seperator of each layer. Not sure if this would work on a wedding cake - you could use flowers to cover the styrofoam instead of the ribbon like I used. It make it easy to put the cake together though. I researched the other techniques where you cut out cake but that was too hard for me. Check out the picture of the tipcake in my pixs (towards the middle right of the page - neon colors). Hope it helps a little anyway.... thumbs_up.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

im getting ready to do this as well. the "cutting" method looks like a PITA.. I am going to go with cuting one layer of each tier at a 45 degree angle then spinning it 180 degrees....

I tried it once and it worked... its just been a while. Maybe I will take photos and see what i can come up with. When is your cake? Mine is late march...

cakecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecakelady Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #5 of 6

I am going through the same thing. The decorators are talking me through the whimsy cake as well.
Go to the top of the forum, click on search, type in whimsy cake, and look for the discussion:
"Topsy turvy problem- help with issues for upcoming wedding"

You will find lots of info and our discussion there

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 6

oh Sugarshack is doing a mini class on this.. go to www.sugaredproductions.com for more info icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%