Mmf Seems 'tough'

Decorating By chilz822 Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 6:33pm by chilz822

chilz822 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 6

Why does this happen? I've made it several times and sometimes, without me changing anything, it just seems 'tough', almost rubbery. What causes this? What can I do to rescue a batch that has turned out this way?

5 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 6

I never had this problem but You can add extra crisco /shortening to it when mine seems dry I do that. Or maybe not heat the marshmallows as much just enough to where they are still lumpy and continue stiring them untill they are completely melted.Thats what I do. Due to the heat still in the bowl it could cause it to still be cooking and possibly over cooking by putting in the microvave & cooking longer.. ( just a thought...) Do you add water in it too?

chilz822 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, I added water, I made it the same way I normally do everytime but for some reason the last 2 batches have just seemed a little rubbery. It was firmer than normal after it sat overnight and seemed tougher to cut once the cake was done. I'm not sure what, if anything, that I did differently...

whisperingmadcow Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 6

I just made MMF for the first time this morning (havn't tried to roll it yet) but seemed tough to me too! And I didn't even put all the ps into it.

I as reading in the forums about microwaving it for 10-15 secs. Not sure if that helps...

dailey Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Why does this happen? I've made it several times and sometimes, without me changing anything, it just seems 'tough', almost rubbery. What causes this? What can I do to rescue a batch that has turned out this way?

i've been making mmf for years and, for no apparent reason, this happens to me too?? i don't think you can "save" it, it *will* still roll out though. just not as well. this is one of the reasons why i have ventured out and have been using mff instead...

chilz822 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, I'm going to experiment with MFF this weekend as an alternative. Any tips before I take the plunge?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%