Any Hell's Kitchen Fans????

Lounge By cakes22 Updated 18 May 2009 , 6:51am by melodyscakes

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:37pm
post #31 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

What cake is everyone talking about? Did I miss something?

It ws the previews for next week. A really cool looking cake ends up on the floor.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:52pm
post #32 of 86

Evertyime I think about GR appearing in the sumo wrestling outfit I crack up. Jean Phillipe really didn't look too happy--omg that was sooo funny!!!

I don't think JP is an actor. I think I have seen him on other shows with GR like the Kitchen Nightmare one and JP does his thing and trains some folks on foh (front of house)--no he's really a maitre'd.

But Hell's Kitchen is a set though huh. And the customers are paid to be there--correct?

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #33 of 86

It is definitly a set. I did see a couple of episodes ago that Kristy Swanson & her new hubby Lloyd Eisler (from that show Skating with the Stars) were in the restaurant.

I would love to be in the restaurant. Though I'm not sure what I would order cause I think a lot of their food is uppity. I have said to my DH that if we ever won the lottery, I wouldn't eat like the rich, cause their food looks yucky! icon_wink.gif

The cake looked like it had a basketball on it, so maybe it was a BB court with a basketball??? Looks interesting......

-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #34 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

I
I would love to be in the restaurant. Though I'm not sure what I would order cause I think a lot of their food is uppity. I have said to my DH that if we ever won the lottery, I wouldn't eat like the rich, cause their food looks yucky! icon_wink.gif

Yes I agree. My son is a chef he works in multi-Michelin starred places. We have been blessed to visit him and have the Chef's tastings--even ones he has personally prepared for us--which I gotta say is a thrill.

I mean I was scared of some of that 'stuff'. When we got to the 'sweetbread' ravioli...I was a little tentative--it really was one of the best things we had.

I still do not really dig fois gras. it's like gelatinous warm butter kinda. But I have had some awesome stuff.

Dude, if you do the wine pairings, after a few courses, you don't care so much what you're eating--lol.

The way the folks wait on you is what is so different! I mean we were at one place and a white gloved dude shaved black truffle ($$$) over popcorn for an appetizer. For the four of us dining, the courses were set on our table at the same time by four servers.

When you get up to go pee, they refold your napkin.

But it's wild to do it a coupla times. I mean my first choice for my favorite places are the ones where they don't even seat you. lol Just sit down, order & eat lol

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:20pm
post #35 of 86

OMG I love when he changes his shirt on the British version too. LOL! The one thing I like about his show "The F Word" is you get to see a little bit of his home life which is always neat for celebrities. They are just people like us, but it's somehow different. It was sad to see what happened to his little lambs last week.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:49am
post #36 of 86

We love this show and I would love to be a customer! Of course, I would probably eat beforehand because there's a chance we wouldn't get any food. I do know that what we would get would be awesome though.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #37 of 86

I was going to mention the bbc channel, the show where he goes into failing kitchens and tries to fix them....he usually takes off his shirt and puts on his chefs coat after he says a few choice words about the condition about the state of affairs of the kitchen. yep, indy...for his age, sexy.
although I love his brutal honesty and harshness...ohhlaalaa. (I'm sick I know)

melody

melodyscakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #38 of 86

wohhhoooo Hells kitchen comes on tonight.
I'm ready for Lacey to go...although she did a good job last week. maybe working with the men is agreeing with her. still, she shouldn't last too much longer.

can't wait to see the cake fall on the floor. I wonder what dork drops it???

melodyscakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #39 of 86

tonights evicted chef was a bit of a surprise huh?

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:40am
post #40 of 86

I always root for the girls so I am going for LA and Paula. I didn't watch the last couple of episodes so hopefully they haven't received the boot. I also like the hefty guy...although he annoys me when he talks about Lacey's body...the nerve. icon_rolleyes.gif

melodyscakes Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #41 of 86

the hefty guy is an idiot too.
I like the girl, LA the one with the lip ring and the other one, I think its A.J. or P.J. or something like that. those are the two I think will go far.
I can't think of the guys name that I like.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:04am
post #42 of 86

I haven't been watching the US show, I'm stuck on BBC America these days!

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 4:59pm
post #43 of 86

I hope Robert wins. I really really like him--he's so funny. Or the petite chickie with the hair pieces and ribbons she slaps onto her pony tail.

Those are the only ones that stand out to me. I really really liked the chickie that had the broken ankle & she made the choice to leave and Chef let her keep her jacket--pretty cool that was. She would really be a target if she got to come back--she would know more than the other kids.

What if Lacey really got her sh*t together and won? <faint> I mean she keeps on popping up with some good stuff although intermittent.

cakes22 Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 12:30pm
post #44 of 86

I just watched this weeks episode, and I'm really surprized Coi is gone. I thought she did fairly well during the other shows. Oh well. I'm begining to dislike Andrea. She is way too high & mighty. I'm warming up to LA. I just hope a girl wins it icon_lol.gif

Just my 2 cents, that whole cake thing was cheesy. The cake wasn't anything too special, I've seen way better on CC icon_razz.gif . But JP and that designer guy was too stupid.....Gordon needs more air time!!!!!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:52am
post #45 of 86

I officially can't stand LACY. She is an idiot!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:04am
post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karema

I officially can't stand LACY. She is an idiot!

She would be so fired in my kitchen LONG before this!

Karema Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #47 of 86

Did anyone else almost die laughing when Robert told Lacy "If you win I will hang up my jacket and become a crackhead whore"? I thought that was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

melodyscakes Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 12:18am
post #48 of 86

oh my God! is Lacy STILL there? don't know how that happens every week. this week she wanted to quit again.
I loved the comment about becoming a crack whore if Lacy wins.
although, if she were to somehow win..hehe the new restaurant would be in some TROUBLE!
Chef Ramsey would probably pay her not to come to work. hehe

melody

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #49 of 86

I watch all of his shows, Kitchen Nightmares, F word, and Hell's Kitchen... love them all!

I agree about Lacey - she is a pain in the azz.

cakes22 Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:12pm
post #50 of 86

Getting down to the nittygritty. Minus Lacy, I think all the chefs left are pretty equal. I love that fact the Robert is calling Lacy a fat a$$. Hello Kettle!???
Ramsey looked like he was going to beat the crap out of J & Ben.

Looking forward to this weeks episode........

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 12:18pm
post #51 of 86

Me too!

Karema Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #52 of 86

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I can't cook meat, but I want to be the executive chef of a top restaurant. I dont know, I don't know why lacy got sent home yesterday!!!! LOL That chick was something else. I'm glad he sent her home packing.

cakes22 Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #53 of 86

Haven't watched it yet..........now I am so excited to see what happened! icon_lol.gif

melodyscakes Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:38pm
post #54 of 86

last nights show was great!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:29am
post #55 of 86

Lacey was a lazy sack. I swear they kept her around to have a villain for a few extra episodes. How on earth did she get on the show and make it that far not knowing how to cook meat? Her supposed occupation is "Corporate Buffet Cook". More like "Salad Bar Replenisher". Her attitude and work ethic stunk! I wonder what her boss was thinking as he/she watched this season.

cakes22 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:01pm
post #56 of 86

I finally got around to watching HK. Even though I knew ahead of time that Lacey was going, it was still hilarous to watch her get screamed at by Gordon.
Surprised to see LA go, though I wasn't a big fan of her.
I love the taste testing!!! Those are always fun to watch. Notice how all of the contestants smoke. I think that would mess up your tastes buds.
Anyone see the TV guide with them in it? Would be curious to see what the final pics & article said. That was harsh having the blue team serve them during that.

I think after this week the team will become one. icon_twisted.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #57 of 86

I've actually taken some classes at Colleen's cooking school and she's very good at what she does. Her brother also teaches classes and they have some wonderful recipes. They also do catering and private parties My DH and I have taken an Italian class, seafood class and grilling class and they were all worth the money. I wouldn't have lasted a day with Ramsey in my face so she's a better woman than I am.

melodyscakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:56am
post #58 of 86

I can't wait until Thursday.
where do they find the contestants?
like, say Lacey? do they have to show off some skills before getting on the show?
makes me wonder.

melodyscakes Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm
post #59 of 86

wonder who is going tonight?

can't wait to watch!!!!

cakes22 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 11:59am
post #60 of 86

Didn't see that one coming. Yeah the fake hair Carol is gone!! Didn't like her. Just a random thought: she has beautiful hair, why the hell does she tie it back with a dead animal??

Do you think you could be a contestant on the show? I know for sure I couldn't. Several reasons 1) I don't like getting yelled at and not being able to defend myself 2) Saying "Yes Chef" all the time would bug me 3) I wouldn't be able to concentrate with Gordon there, I would be starring off into space, thinking non-cooking stuff (unless whip cream was involved icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif ) with drool coming out of my mouth.

Gordon on the Segway! Didn't have to wear a helmet, but the others did. Poor Robert. He has gotten jiped on two rewards now. Poor guy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%