Wig Head

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm by pipe-dreams

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I have been noticing that a few people have used wig heads for their character cakes. I know it's some sort of dummy head, but can someone explain it to me? What is it made out of, where do you get one? Couldn't you just use the egg shaped pan to make a head, or would it be too heavy? I'm making a power ranger cake and I don't want the head to fall officon_smile.gif I always use dowel rods for anything stacked like that, but I thought i would get more info on wig heads, just in case i want to do that instead! Thanks!
*I tried to search for it, but nothing came up in the articles or forums.

3 replies
scelin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scelin Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:33am
post #2 of 4

My husband found a spiderman head cake-chest instructions on line with a wig head and 2 round cakes. They are made of styrofoam like the dummies cakes, they are sold at the hair & beauty supply stores. I took the yellow pages and call them. Almost all of them in my town sell them for $5 to $8. He wants a cake llike that spiderman or batman for his birthday. Spiderman uses a woman head, I think powerangers will use that one, but batman will use a man head. Ussually they have a woman head, to get a man head I will have to request a special order. Hope this help.

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammy712 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:47am
post #3 of 4
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both so much! I will check out our beauty supply stores, and that link is perfect! I would hate to waste time making a head out of cake, just to have it not work, or collapseicon_smile.gif You 2 are lifesavers! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%