Loaf Pan

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 5:00pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

ok, bought a 15 1/2x4 1/2x4 1/2pan someone said to use the nails as cores, spaced apart, and maybe cook for 45mins to an 1hr on 325.

any other ideas, oh and do the nails go into the pan first standing on the head or after i pour the batter and on top, wont they sink in? greased and floured I assume....?

and when do I take them out? after cakes cooled or before?

thanks bunches the cake is a school bus i HOPE for next week...lol
LL

4 replies
tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

When I bake with the flour nails, I grease them and put them into a greased pan. I then pour in the batter, and if the nails shift from where I had them, I just slide them back to where I wanted them (but I do not lift the nails out of the pan, I just slide them along to where I want them). I bake the cake. Cool it in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a cooling rack. I will pull the nails out at that point and allow the cake to continue to cool.

rocketmom1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rocketmom1985 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 5

I had this pan for many years to make a large recipe pound cake. This was before I knew what a flower nail even was. I never did anything but grease and flour, and watch after the minimum time and the cake always turned out great. I never used it for any other cake but the pound cake so maybe you may need the nails for a regular type cake.

If you think you need the flower nail, I do as Tracy1970 does...

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 5

Good point! I've never used this pan myself, so you may not need any flower nails - I don't know. If you want to use a nail(s), that's how I do it.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 5

i sure hope this works...I would hate to do the loaf pan and it not cook!!!!

Im gonna try and bake it at 325, slow..and just keep watching it. with nails in it. Gonna use magic strips around it so I can get a hopefully even level on the cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%