2 Questions

Decorating By BabyBear3 Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm by Cakepro

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 4

1. How many servings does a 9x13 pan serve??? I need a "sheet cake" size pan to serve 50ish people. Would that work??

2. They have requested a pound cake. I have always used WASC -- any suggestions on a "to die for" pound cake????

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 4

........requested a pound cake. I have always used WASC -- any suggestions on a "to die for" pound cake????......

You've already got it! WASC is basically a pound cakeicon_smile.gif
Since most sheet cakes are 2" tall & most suggest a 'serving' is 2x2x2 all you have to do is divide each side by 2 & multiply them together...
So..... a 9x13 will serve 24-30. A 12x16 = 48 and a 12x18 = 54.

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 4

THanks!!!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 4

Pound cakes are quite different in texture from other cakes, especially those from a box - and ESPECIALLY those doctored recipes in which very little fat is used. icon_rolleyes.gif

The original pound cake recipes called for a pound of each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour, plus salt, leavening and vanilla (hence the name pound cakes. If you want an actual pound cake, there are some outstanding recipes out there, most notably Shirley Corriher's Great American Pound Cake. The Cake Mix Doctor also has some great recipes for pound cakes that start with a box but are not REALLY pound cakes in the true sense of the word but are delicious cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%