Great Tasting Icing For Wedding Cake?????

Decorating By 59cakes Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm by indydebi

59cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
59cakes Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone, just a quick question. do you know of a great tasting icing for wedding cakes that comes out white, fairly easy to pipe that doesnt taste heavy???? I have a wedding cake to do in September and I would just like to be prepared.

Thank u so much in advance

Sylvia

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 5

"Heavy" is pretty subjective.

Here's a thread that has recipes for CC's most popular American buttercreams (both Crisco and hi-ratio)..

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate your first tiered/stacked/layer cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

HTH

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 5

SMBC...Swiss Meringue Buttercream. It's very light on the tongue, not gritty like buttercreams can tend to be, and the sweetness is adjustable.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 5

i so badly wanted to like the whipped buttercreams when i first started doing this (swiss, french, etc)...but they're extremely quirky, and i can't flavor them enough to get away from it tasting like i just took a bite off a stick of butter. love the texture though!!

then i found bettercreme...end of story...my true love!!!!!!!
*it's shelf stable
*takes flavors like a dream
*doesn't send confectionary sugar all over my kitchen and hair
*is done being whipped up in a flat 2 minutes i
*t's silky to the tongue and light as a feather, so it doesn't make you feel really bloated and kinda nauseaus after eating a cupcake or two.
*it's extremely elegant and light, and it's perfect for pastel colors.
*it works as a filling or an icing and can take fruits, crushed cookies, nuts etc being folded in
*after being refrigerated, it can have the viva method done on it.
*people go crazy over it, because here in the u.s., we're accustomed to a grainy heavy icing...this is the opposite of that.

can you tell i love this stuff? icon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 5

"great tasting" is subjective. what is delicious to one is disgusting to another.

Try a few recipes and tweak them a bit to make them fit what you like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%