Maybe Someone Can Give Me Some Ideas!

Decorating By nissi01 Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm by nissi01

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I hope that someone could help me out with this. I am going to Puerto Rico in the end of July/early Aug for my cousins baby shower and I am going to be making the cake. I dont know too many of the details just yet. i guess my biggest obstacle would be the heat and humidity. Im going to be using a shortening based BC and fondant. Any one have any suggestions on recipes for BC and fondant that wont melt in the heat and humidity. Im kinda at a loss because the humidity and heat here in the states is not the same as it is in the Caribbean, and I also have never made a cake and decorated it there .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would of posted in the Spanish forum, but my Spanish is not that great. I could speak it better than I could write it icon_surprised.gif)

Denise

3 replies
cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry I can't help, but I wanted to give you a BUMP. Hopefully one of the southern bakers will be able to give you some hints!

I'm in the frozen windy city!

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 4

Does your frosting have butter or just shortening?

Have your tired Sugar Shack frosting recipe it requires Hi ratio shortening.

For the fondant not sure but I am sure someone can answer that for you.

Good luck with the cake.

nissi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nissi01 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 4

I have never used Hi-ratio Shortening before. I would have to try her recipe. Im not even sure if I could get it locally so i think i would have to order some online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%