Maybe Someone Can Give Me Some Ideas!

Decorating By nissi01 Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm by nissi01

nissi01 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I hope that someone could help me out with this. I am going to Puerto Rico in the end of July/early Aug for my cousins baby shower and I am going to be making the cake. I dont know too many of the details just yet. i guess my biggest obstacle would be the heat and humidity. Im going to be using a shortening based BC and fondant. Any one have any suggestions on recipes for BC and fondant that wont melt in the heat and humidity. Im kinda at a loss because the humidity and heat here in the states is not the same as it is in the Caribbean, and I also have never made a cake and decorated it there .

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would of posted in the Spanish forum, but my Spanish is not that great. I could speak it better than I could write it icon_surprised.gif)

Denise

3 replies
cookie_fun Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry I can't help, but I wanted to give you a BUMP. Hopefully one of the southern bakers will be able to give you some hints!

I'm in the frozen windy city!

justsweet Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 4

Does your frosting have butter or just shortening?

Have your tired Sugar Shack frosting recipe it requires Hi ratio shortening.

For the fondant not sure but I am sure someone can answer that for you.

Good luck with the cake.

nissi01 Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 4

I have never used Hi-ratio Shortening before. I would have to try her recipe. Im not even sure if I could get it locally so i think i would have to order some online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%