Help! Need To Know How To Apply A Fbct To My Cake!

Decorating By Meagazz Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm by 2txmedics

Meagazz Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

So I made a FBCT for the first time to put on a cake I am bring to work tomorrow (attached) but I am getting extremely nervous about actually putting it on my cake! I am wondering what I actually do when it is on the cake... do I press it in slightly so it is more level with the cake, or do I just leave it alone? What do I do with my white edge I have on the FBCT? Will it fix itself, or do I have to allow it to thaw on the cake and then go back with a straight edge and smooth it out into the cake? (BTW, the cake is going to be all white!)
I am terribly nervous about this cake because I have never done this before and I am a perfectionist!
Any advice you could give me would be VERY, VERY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks,

Meagazz
LL

2 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

I usually do a small bead border around the transfer. Mine usually sits a little above the cake. I have tried different things to smooth it out and sometimes have made it look worse. So I just leave it with a little border and it looks fine.

2txmedics Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 3

Ive only done three of them...u can see my pictures. I just lay it on the cake, and I gently rub it with my hands, the warmth blends it in some...and then you can border if it you want....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%