Fondant Or Gumpaste In Chocolate Mold?

Decorating By mommy2kids Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 2:42am by bobwonderbuns

mommy2kids Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know how I would be able to mold fondant or gumpaste with a chocolate mold rather than a silicone one? Is there a way? I thought I read somewhere to spray with nonstick then press in mold, but maybe I did wrong, because it didn't work. Help please! Thanks

4 replies
-Tubbs Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 5

I've done it with cornstarch. Not sure if that's the 'right' way, but it did work. It needs to get into all those nooks and crannies.

chanielisalevy Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 5

Almost anything can be used to mold fondant or gumpaste. The trick is to knead in some crisco first! Then presto, your piece will come out. Worst case scenario you might have to pry the bottom of the piece a touch with a toothpick or a sharp tool to get it started, but then it will come out. I do this all the time, using chocolate molds and other plastic items meant for chocolate or clay for fondant and gumpaste.

Good luck!

mommy2kids Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:35am
post #4 of 5

thank you!

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 5

Yep you sure can! Make sure your fondant has enough Crisco kneaded into it and you cornstarch the heck out of your mold and you should be just fine. Here is a video that uses that exact technique! icon_biggrin.gif http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=21939

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%