Chocolate Chips

Business By carpet Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 3:44am by Monkess

carpet Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:04am
post #1 of 6

Can anybody tell me if they try putting chocolate chips into the batter? Do i need to keep the cake in the oven longer ? I want to bake a 12 in cake Thanks Carpet

5 replies
redpanda Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 6

I put chocolate chips in the batter frequently. It helps if the batter is a pretty thick one, to keep the chips suspended. (It also helps if you shake the chips in a bag with a bit of flour to lightly coat them.) I've never noticed that the cake takes any longer to bake, at least as long as you don't add so many that the pan is filled a lot deeper.

classiccake Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 6

I run the chips in a food processor to make smaller pieces. The cake looks loke chocolate chip icecream when baked....fine chips throughout.

redpanda Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:34am
post #4 of 6

Mini chocolate chips are nice, too. They're fairly subtle in appearance, but you get the nice burst of flavor.

This is so cruel. I made a triple chocolate cake to take to work yesterday, and by the time I finished serving, I got crumbs. Now I have a killer craving for a deep dark chocolate cake with three kinds of chips (white, dark, milk), and no time to bake it. Waaahhhh!

misabel99 Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:46am
post #5 of 6

Yes you can use chocolate chips without an problem like redpanda said just coat the chips in flour before

Monkess Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:44am
post #6 of 6

I have never found baking times to increase when using chips or cookie crumbs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%