50 Th Anniversary Party.. Ideas?

Decorating By doodledo Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 1:40am by Ruth0209

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 8

My in laws will be celebrating their 50th anniversary in January, 2010. I know its a ways off but its up to me to throw them the best party. I am looking at about 200 guests. I was thinking of having a surprise party. My questions. When you have delivered cakes for others, did you notice anything that has really stuck with you on how nice it was? Cake ideas? Decorations? I would love to hear any ideas. THANKS

7 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 8

Party Planning..now you're talking my language!!

Do you want to go traditional all bright gold or something a little different with accents of gold?

doodledo Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 8

I like to be different. I can always toss in gold here n there.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 8

That's what we did when we had my grandparents last year.

They both like the color red, so I did Red an White with some Gold here an there.

You could always do different gold frames with photos of them thru the years in the center of the table. After 50 years, there are plenty really good ones!!! icon_razz.gif

Doing a powerpoint/video is always neat too. We didn't get a chance to do one, we planned it in one week. I did go borrow a huge magnetic board from the funeral home, icon_redface.gif I know, but that way we could show all these photos without haveing to pin them.

Also, if you're going formal, you can get those personalized stickers that go on the dance floor.

Instead of a plain register book, we bought a plain scrapebook. That way if someone wanted to write a message there was room. Alot of people did, espically their friends from way back.

If you're going in-formal, you can place music from when they were dating and decorate in colors to match.

I will find some different photos an links for you. thumbs_up.gif

doodledo Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:35am
post #5 of 8

I love the scrapbook idea. Not sure I can get old movies together w/o them knowing.
Was thinking that I would like to have it as a stop in between - -. But if its a surprise I guess I really cant do that.
What did you do for food for your grandparents party? Did you send invitations? I was going to try to think of a theme, besides 50th!
Ummm I think i will pass on the magnetic board icon_lol.gif But that is a lot better than having pictures tossed here n there.

ChristieFinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieFinkle Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 12:48am
post #6 of 8

We celebrated my Grandparents 50th Anniversary 2 years ago, and I'm one for some entertainment at a party! So, I researched the styles of the different milestones in their 50 years together and dressed up my cousins in a "Throughout the Years" Fashion show! We set it to music and I told the story of their lives! The guests still bring it up to my grandparents, they just loved it!
Good luck!
Christie

doodledo Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 1:16am
post #7 of 8

You wouldnt have put that on youtube did you? That sounds really good. Can you tell me more?

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%