Agbay Questions!

Decorating By cakesbycathy Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 12:36pm by marmalade1687

cakesbycathy Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 5

So I've decided to use a deposit check I got for a wedding cake to buy an Agbay leveler. icon_smile.gif
I can't afford the delux model, but I don't have a problem adjusting the height if I want to torte.
For those of you who have one, any suggestions? Should I buy a replacement blade and the little cleaning tool?

4 replies
okred Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 5

I would recommend the cleaning tool, the blade is very sharp and the tool keeps your hand away from the blade. My cakes are very moist so I have to clean the blade off after using it especially for chocolate.

I didn't buy a replacement blade. I only bake for recreation so just use it maybe twice a month.

Hope that helps! I love, love this tool. Best money I have ever spent on cake toys

mixinvixen Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 5

just asked and got one for christmas. i love it, and think it was well worth the money!!!! my husband who is extremely frugal, helped my sis in law buy it for me, and agrees that it is worth it...TRUST ME, IF YOU KNEW HIM, YOU'D REALIZE JUST HOW MUCH THAT COMMENT ITSELF IS WORTH!!

Deb_ Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 5

You definitely won't regret spending the money on this. I got the cleaning tool, but not an extra blade. I've had it going on 4 yrs and it's still slicing through the cakes beautifully. (I make about 3 cakes a week)

marmalade1687 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

I bake all the time, and didn't buy the replacement blade - I figured I would see how the original held up, and order a replacement if needed. I did buy the cleaning tool will need that 100%!

Quote by @%username% on %date%